I keep getting the message that my mailbox is full and to be sure to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vmckenna1 no está en línea Stack level 1

My mailbox is full need help!!

Advertisement

I keep getting the message that my mailbox is full and to be sure to empty deleted items. Where do I go to find my mailbox and various folders? When I hit View Folders I see sms , mms folders etc. I have the Blackberry 8100
    Thank you

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First, are you sure the message is coming from the BlackBerry, and not your host email system?

When you're in Messages, Click the Menu button (button to the LEFT of the TrackBall) and select View Folders to view your folders.

You can also set how long email will remain on the BlackBerry. In Messages, Click the Menu button and select Options --> General Options, and set Keep Messages to a time period you're comfortable with (I recommend NOT using Forever!).
    JerryD

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You may want to check also and see if its your ISP provider email mailbox that is full (IE: Comcast, gmail, etc).

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm going to agree with the others. Your mailbox is full on your provider's end.

Go to your web mail for your provider and delete the items in the deleted folder.

Unless you're setup with IMAP and set your trash to empty on a regular basis, your BB will not actually delete the messages. For POP3, it can just leave them in the inbox. With my IMAP accounts, I see "Delete from device" and "Delete from device and mailbox". The second deletes it off the server, the first just deletes it from the phone and leaves it on the server.

Good luck!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

j33t3rz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b45e8f
    This might help, go to the main message folder and press the menu button, go down to options, then email reconciliation, press, press the menu button again and then purge deleted items from each mailbox

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    We really need to know where your email comes from.

Thanks for all the help. I will check mailboxes at the providers end.

Where do I find the mailbox on the 8100?

Can anyone tell me where to find the mailbox on my 8100?
    When I go to View Folders I get
    Browser messages, Missed Calls, MMS Inbox, MMS Outbox Phone call logs etc. Where are the folders for my emails?
    Thank s

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    The folder called INBOX. Click the application button (left of trackball) and click expand. Those will be your email folders.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with the people above. The BlackBerry device will not warn you when your mailbox is reaching the limit because it does not have a limit. YOu can keep receiving emails basically until your memory on the device is full. It will never warn you of low memory it will simply start to delete messages, call logs, etc. So if you are getting these messages telling your your mailbox is full they are deffinitely from the provider.