So, in a previous post I had told everyone about how I had drowned my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

My Hybrid Pearl

Advertisement

So, in a previous post I had told everyone about how I had drowned my Red Pearl while going swimming with ym kids a few weeks back. Well, on Thursday I had pulled enough fundage together to replace my Pearl, but this time I went with a Black one.

And, while watching a video on YouTube on how to take the Pearl apart I got a bright idea to take the Red Pearl's keyboard and bottom clip and put them on my Black Pearl. Well, I did it this afternoon. It doesn't look too bad, if I do say so myself. It just sets mine apart from everyone else's a little bit.

So, I took the red keyboard and bottom and put it on the black frame and I I took the black keyboard and bottom and put it on the red frame. So, if I want to switch back and forth all I have to do is switch the guts out from one to the other.

I was looking at the pieces as I took it apart and I can't believe no one has started making large lines of aftermarket cases for these things. It is four pieces, not including the sides and that is it.

The hardest part of the whole thing is taking the bottom clip off and that is because there is this green sticker thing underneath that wants to peel off when you take it off. It looks like one of those cellular booster stickers almost, so I am assuming that it has something to do with the antenna, possibly? It didn't seem to be actually connected to anything that I could see, so that is why I am guessing that.

Anyway, here are some pics of the Hybrid Pearl version 1.1 and version 1.2. I hope you like it and enjoy!!!

Big Tn Papa
    Attached Images Attached Images

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Re: My Hybrid Pearl

That looks nice!! I like the red and black.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

I KNOW there's a way to photoshop that into a spiderman/blackwidow type thing, i wish i was better at choppin, that would be awesome.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Hmm..that is interesting. How about a black, red and white hybrid.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Maybe someone could try a custom paint job, maybe metal flake candy apple !! the possibilites are endless.

PIMP MY BB !!

iTALY no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ha ha

my pearl is all scratched up and needs a makeover
    I never thought to repaint it .. Wow good idea!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Looks pretty cool. Nice job!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

well it doesnt give a elegant look to blackberry...they are built to be sober not nasty!!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    Maybe someone could try a custom paint job, maybe metal flake candy apple !! the possibilites are endless.

PIMP MY BB !!
    MTV's new hit runaway series, followed by the next big one " Yo BB".