At an event I was at last night, blackberry was showing off and giving away ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967

My Hands-On Review of the Flip

Advertisement

At an event I was at last night, blackberry was showing off and giving away (I didn't get one)there soon to be released Flip. Below is my initial impression:

At first glance I thought - "wow this thing is huge and wide!" When I flipped it in my hand my thoughts were not only correct, but the device also fealt just so akword to me. The form factor wasn't smooth and pleasing to put up to your ear either.

When I put the Flip to my ear, instinctly my finger hits right where the flip mechanism is. Now, normally flip phones(in general) have the hinge flush with the back of the phone, to create a all round smooth back. Think the Razr. However, on the Flip the top part of the clam shell folds up and creates this rather funky un-streamlined effect. Your finger kinda sits uncomfortably on the back of the device.

I was surprised that the screen of the Flip wasn't what I thought it to be. The device's screen wasn't as visually vivid as described or at least what I thought. The resolution did seem better than the Curve's, but only slightly. The screen was pleasently wide though. I would say at least a half to three-quarter inch larger than the Pearl. So surfing the net, reading emails/texts, etc...won't be so cumbersome.

The speed of the device was excellent and the layout was beautiful! I am in love with the new graphics/icons and the whole new approach of the OS. The camera quality is what you would expect from that of a Curve's.

Overall, if you LOVE suretype and want something new and different in the way of a Blackberry the Flip is your bet. Pearl lovers will easily trancission (spelling?) and gravitate to this device.

Sorry for the long post guys! Hope you enjoy

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    So does it boot faster than the current Gen pearls

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ boot faster? Referring to the starting up of the phone? I don't know. The Flip I played with was on display and I wasn't able to take out the battery and reboot.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    Did internet site load quickly and how well is the camera on this flip

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the internet was farely fast! At least where I was, pages were loading briskly. As I stated in my hands-on, the camera was on par to that of the Curve...perhaps a little bit better.

odus no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got to play with one at the tmobile store they had a demo hidden the guy let me play with it. i was really impressed i like it a whole lot better than my pearl. the buttons were larger witch i liked so u dont get that cluttered bunched up feeling. screen did look good. and i was told u should be able to read emails on the front screen while its closed. all in all i thought it was better than my pearl.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks for the report, my wife wants one bad, so I guess its bye bye little red pearl