Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by nrwilk I have seen this bug described in several places. I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: My fav's problem

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nrwilk
    I have seen this bug described in several places.

I have a My Faves plan from T-Mobile as well. But, I always keep the My Faves rings hidden.

Will this bug affect anything other than the appearance of the rings?
    in my case it threw one of my contacts off my fave5 plan, but usually it just keeps you from properly being able to sync up faces/names/ringtones. whoever your fave5 choices are can still be seen online and won't affect billing.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Ok well might have a solution here, and blackninja thank's for the comforting pat hun, I didn't actually get around to doing that haha.

But I might not have to either. So two T-mobile sales men just walked into my office pitching businesses and they saw my pearl...they asked how everything was working and I told them about the myfaves problem...they said there's a patch to fix the problem and its at:

www.t-mobile.com/bbupdate

I can't try it out till I get home, but there's suppose to be a my fav's patch to fix the issues. If someone downloads it let me know how it works.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Tans.. sorry to tell you but:

Page not found

The page you requested was not found on this server. The URL may have been mistyped or you may have an old link. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please use your browser's "back" button or try another link from this page.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja

Page not found

The page you requested was not found on this server. The URL may have been mistyped or you may have an old link. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please use your browser's "back" button or try another link from this page.

Yea I just tried it myself...so then I went to support and there's a download, but its for the version prior to the 4.2.64 version and I have the 4.2.64 version so that download won't work for me. UGH!!!! Sucks arse man.

nrwilk no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja

Page not found
    Same here.
    nrwilk

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/

here's the correct link...but if you have software version 4.2.64 it'll do you no good.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/

here's the correct link...but if you have software version 4.2.64 it'll do you no good.
    that makes no sense that they'd put it out for versions before 64 when the problem still happens on version .64. sounds like they dropped the ball on this one.

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

why not just upgrade to the new OS .71? Its a lot better all around and afterwards, call TMO rep to have them resync your Fav's .... thats what I did, and its been working fine.

prettyhnic23 no está en línea Stack level 1

i DL the .71 software yesterday from the cingular site .. and my faves are working properly now ..so try that and make sure you backup b4 you load the new software

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by jenga1083
    why not just upgrade to the new OS .71? Its a lot better all around and afterwards, call TMO rep to have them resync your Fav's .... thats what I did, and its been working fine.
    I'll call and ask them that tonight...hopefully it works because I don't want to be bothered with this kind of stuff. Thanks for the info.

np. let us know how it goes

dietrick187 no está en línea Stack level 1

i had the same problem yesterday. its a problem with my favs, tmobile says it happens to one in fifty phones, if you got your phone direct from tmobile(i.e tmobile store, kiosk, tmobile.com) not an outside vendor, tmobile will give you a brand new phone, ive done this twice now, once with the pearl and once with a razr

Quote Originally Posted by dietrick187
    i had the same problem yesterday. its a problem with my favs, tmobile says it happens to one in fifty phones, if you got your phone direct from tmobile(i.e tmobile store, kiosk, tmobile.com) not an outside vendor, tmobile will give you a brand new phone, ive done this twice now, once with the pearl and once with a razr
    wow you have some bad luck with cell phones... =X

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    I'll call and ask them that tonight...hopefully it works because I don't want to be bothered with this kind of stuff. Thanks for the info.
    umm.. screen the advice that is given to you on this forum. .71 has not been released by t-mobile yet. the current version out is .64. not a good idea to call and tell them you want assistance installing a non-tmobile OS onto your phone.

also, if you ever have any phone problems and need to have it replaced by t-mobile, if they find a non-released OS version on your phone, you void your warranty.

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Ive had this problem as well, the way I fixed it was I loggen onto T-mobile's browser, and went to Manage MyFavs. I changed the name on the one that wasnt showing up on my phone, or that was a blank spot (say it said Mike, I put Mike F) then click update. In 5 minutes or so take the battery out of your Pearl for 30 seconds and put back in. If still blank try a couple times, also like the second post said changing order works. Also everytime you reset by taking the battery out all the ringtones and Icons come out of place, dont know why. But that should fix it. And I would becareful of updating software when T-mobile releases it, theyre supposed to be blocking all 3rd party network software, such as the Gmail App, Google Maps for Local, and Opera Mini. Goodluck ^_^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast