Hi, I got my bb last tuesday off craigslist and I immediatly went to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

CindayMinus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Question My faves ringtones

Advertisement

Hi, I got my bb last tuesday off craigslist and I immediatly went to my local T-Mobile store to get internet and everything on it and have them help me delete all the girls stuff on it that used it before me.
    Anyway, to make that story short... I'm a new user.

My question is.. whenever I try to use a custom ringtone for one of my faves people, it doesn't work. It works for everyone in my address book, but my five faves people.
    I set the custom ringtone for all 5 of my people in my address book and to myfaves people and it only played the usual T-Jingle ringtone that stupid T-Mobile has whenever any of them called me.
    The guy at T-Mobile told me to mute it in my address book because the phone didn't know which ringtone to use... the one in my address book or in myfaves (even though they were the same ringtones)
    I did that and I had someone on myfaves call me.. it just plays the ringtone I set as my actual ringtone... it doesn't play the custom ringtone I set for myfaves person..

I DON'T GET IT. haha. Why will it not play my custom ringtone for my five faves?

Help?
    Thanks.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: My faves ringtones

Hey Cindy and welcome to the stacks...I've seen others having this problem with the myfaves. You may have to update your os...what os are you using now? Options->About->third line down.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    Hey Cindy and welcome to the stacks...I've seen others having this problem with the myfaves. You may have to update your os...what os are you using now? Options->About->third line down.
    Thanks and it appears to say v4.2.0.64 (platform 2.2.0.37)

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

If you are using MyFaves, In your profiles, for ring styles and such. There are Exceptions, By default the MyFaves makes a blanket exception for all the Myfaves contacts, I made an excetion for each contact. this can also be done if you use the MyFaves interface you can edit the contact itself and chose a customer tone. Or In Profiles make an new excption for that contact.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID

I have no idea what you just said to me haha. Um exceptions? Myfaves? what?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck
    If you are using MyFaves, In your profiles, for ring styles and such. There are Exceptions, By default the MyFaves makes a blanket exception for all the Myfaves contacts, I made an excetion for each contact. this can also be done if you use the MyFaves interface you can edit the contact itself and chose a customer tone. Or In Profiles make an new excption for that contact.

Okay. I get what you just said now haha. I found it. Ah I hope what I just did works. Thanks.

PIN/ID

You are my hero!!!
    I got it! Praise you!
    Thank you so much

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~