Ok so i was talking on the phone with a friend of mine and all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dlg941 no está en línea Stack level 1

My device wont turn on !help!

Advertisement

Ok so i was talking on the phone with a friend of mine and all of a sudden my device turned off just randomly out of nowhere, so i plugged it in to my charger and i got flashing red lights but thats it my device would still not power on.

thanks in advance.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: My device wont turn on !help!

Quote Originally Posted by dlg941
    Ok so i was talking on the phone with a friend of mine and all of a sudden my device turned off just randomly out of nowhere, so i plugged it in to my charger and i got flashing red lights but thats it my device would still not power on.

thanks in advance.
    Hello there! I hope you dont mind me asking, has the phone been dropped? Have you tried pulling out the battery?
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: My device wont turn on !help!

First thing to try is pull the battery and put it back in!

If that doesn't do it, try to do a full backup of the device using Desktop Manager. If you don't have it, download 4.2 SP2 from here. I suggest getting the version without Media Manager.

If you can't get a backup, download the latest OS for your device. Click on your provider's link on this page and then get the latest OS for your 8100. Once that's installed, run the Application Loader from within Desktop Manager and try to reload the OS.

If all that fails, I'm afraid you'll have to do a full wipe of the device with JL_Cmder. This will erase everything from the device at which point you'll reinstall the OS as above, and resend your service books from your provider.

Good luck!
    JerryD