Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Pearl called 911 today for the 2nd time. It's nice to hear that my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chicagovols no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F3054B

Advertisement

My Pearl called 911 today for the 2nd time. It's nice to hear that my BB is not the only crazy one out there!

Please let me know if there is anyway to turn off the Emergency call feature. My BB was locked and in my pocket. As I was walking down the hall, the police asked if everything was OK since my phone called and then hung up!

Thanks!

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    It spilled the beans?!?

RUN!!!

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i found that my 8100, when in standby, come right out of standby as soon as being holstered. The magnets in the holster cause the switch in the phone to wake itself up. The best you can do is auto keylock upon holstering and maybe putting your phone in the holster face in or something different like that. I dunno...try a few different things out. Must be the way you're sitting or something to cause the buttons to be pressed.

angiemichelle no está en línea Stack level 1
    just push and hold the mute/silver button at the top - it will go in standby mode and the only way to get it out of that mode is to push the mute/silver button again. you can push as many buttons on the face that you want to only way to "un-standby" is repushing the mute button.

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    Quote Originally Posted by angiemichelle View Post
    just push and hold the mute/silver button at the top - it will go in standby mode and the only way to get it out of that mode is to push the mute/silver button again. you can push as many buttons on the face that you want to only way to "un-standby" is repushing the mute button.
    That doesn't work the same anymore with the most recent tmo software I have. It will come out of standby. Also, mine has always come out of standby the moment it passes over the holster magnets.

awsomaha no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know I'm a little late to the party

But I was playing with mine, and just wanted to add to this, that it looks like when you put the phone in standby it stays in standby while in the holster. but when you pull it out, that is when the phone kicks on. Pretty neat feature if you ask me.

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    On some networks, if you hold down the 9 key, it dials 911.

AssassinCreed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246D499B
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i get that problem as well I have mine in the case at work and check it to see that I'm callin my friends I'm like wtf! Dam BB

fashionrider57 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by angiemichelle View Post
    That's not true actually.

I put my phone on standby and gave it to my girlfriend. I bet her should couldn't turn it back on without pushing the mute key.

She held down the power button (hang up button) and it came outta standby mode! WTF!?!

yeah, i had to do the dishes for a while.

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by fashionrider57 View Post
    That's not true actually.

I put my phone on standby and gave it to my girlfriend. I bet her should couldn't turn it back on without pushing the mute key.

She held down the power button (hang up button) and it came outta standby mode! WTF!?!

yeah, i had to do the dishes for a while.
    Yes, but all that should happen is the phone wakes up long enough to say "In standby mode. Press the Mute key to exit standby mode." and go back to sleep.

peaisms no está en línea Stack level 1
    that's awesome.... gotta love those random phone calls. I guess the other day I called someone and left about a five minute voicemail... and didn't even know it...

rcefstsfecr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E45FC7
    I always put mine on locked keys and standby.

mdfleck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400FE4D
    Always make sure that you are indeed buying a Blackberry endorsed case and not a generic knockoff. The knockoffs don't always have magnets in the cases for phones like and including the Blackberry and so yes you very well could be calling 911. I tried a generic case and found without the magnets I was having to put it in standby all the time to keep me from accidentally calling someone. 12 bucks, Amazon, well worth it.

PJueckstock no está en línea Stack level 1
    That has happened to me several times before. Not so much lately, probably because I make sure its in Standby before I put it in my pocket.
    Also, I noticed for the new OS, pressing certain buttons while in Standby Mode causes a message to come up saying its in Standby mode. However, if you hold down the power button for a few seconds, the BB comes out of standby mode.
    At least that's how it is with the 4.5.0.37 OS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12