Kickstart is a great phone for young people like me, since its easy to use. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

My Blackberry 8220 Review

Advertisement

Kickstart is a great phone for young people like me, since its easy to use. just a flip away! anyways there are somethings i noticed about the kickstart, mostly they are negative things, but what can you do.

Phone
    The phone by itself has a nice outside design with i really like. Its all black and silver around with looks great, and it feels/looks small when its closed. but when you open it u go like "man this is huge" with it is, maybe a little bit. the thing i hate about it is that they could have made the buttons small, they are just too big. there is a huge space wasted below the keyboard where the speaker is. Oh ya the speaker on the kickstart is actually where you talk. There are two openings so you would prolly wonder, oh two speakers, but no its only one. the other one is for talking on the phone. the speaker is really clear and i actually think that its louder than the pearl, but i havent tested that yet.

Display
    the screen of the kickstart may seem big, right? Yeah it is big but the icons and everything that apears on the screen is freaking small! maybe im not used to it or something but ever the curve or the older pearls have biger icons and stuff. Also the screen is not as crispy as on the bold, but the sharpness of the screen is actually good. The external screen is ok, its kinda bad quality but i let it go. as you get your txt msg it apearss on the external screen with is a really good feature for txt in class (haha jk ) however i still havent been able to "scroll" throught my msgs as i heard it once that you can actually do that.

OS
    the OS is the same as the bold, 4.6. The kickstart will shipp with .151 on USA T-mobile. This is where the pain is, i dont know if it is the phone, or the OS but this thing is horribly slow. It takes like a min to diall a number or go to icons, folders and so on but especially in Media. Yes it is slow. But the sad thing is that the kickstart doesnt have the fade away thingy in media when u select pictures, music, video or ring tones. moving on..

Web, streaming
    I dont have Data plan on my T-mobile acc

Another thing i like about the Kickstart is how it lays on your eat, cheek while you are talking on the phone, the middle part pretty much goes on ur cheek bone with feels more confortable talking on it than with other flip phones.....

Ill add more if i catch anything or if i rmr anything else

Btw this is my first review ever so i might have not metioned something, so if you want to know something just tell me and ill add it or give u the answer

Front i rly love it

Icons are too small

See that space below the keyboard?
    waste....

Back

And those are the two speakers on the bottom of the phone

Last edited by mac14x; 10-14-2008 at 01:23 AM.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    good review thanks man

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    good review, my manager said the same thing about the delay but it was the same delay with the curve about 2-3 seconds is what i notice.

great review. remeber you have 14 days with the device, so if you aren't happy bring it back, and don't forget t-mobile is running a promo where the first month of dat service is free so give it a shot
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    good info i didnt know that i wont get mine yet i went to the store guy said my upgrade doesnt go in until july09 so it would be full price 350.. OUCH i called tmo they said i can do it but they couldnt give me an upgrade price so they said go online i went online and its not working lolz. i will try again tomorow see what the price is.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    great review thanks for all the info. much appreciated

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the review.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    the slowness/lagging is what made me ditch the pearl, i hope this phone isnt as bad, good review btw.
    phatman the phat stacker!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Very Nice review.

I think if you get the data plan the device will be a little faster. This was one issue I did not like with the pearl was the data speed.

The icons has to be that size with the resolution. The higher the resolution, the smaller the icons. It's even that way on laptops and computer monitors.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    picked up the flip last night and have not notcied any delay whatsoever. Seems as fast as the curve or Bold. Has UMA which is a big plus. Love the phone so far

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    picked up the flip last night and have not notcied any delay whatsoever. Seems as fast as the curve or Bold. Has UMA which is a big plus. Love the phone so far
    Do you have the bold? Prolly not if you think its as fast, I have the bold, curve and 8100 pearl and the flip is the slowest one of them all. I hop its just the software.
    ~via blackberry bold~