Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys im new here, sorry about the post but im going crazy if i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mracing5625 no está en línea Stack level 1

My BB Pearl Media Manager

Advertisement

Hi guys im new here, sorry about the post but im going crazy if i dont find out how to do this !

i cant put music on my pearl, i connect and everything! but on the right side (the blackberry side) when i click on device memory i only see 2 folders, and thats pictures and ringtone... for some reason i think there should be a folder for music and video... but theres not! so when i tried to create new folder and drop/drag my mp3 its still said it was too big ans would max out the phone... but i turned the mass storage on and when connect yes as i read around the forums... but still nothing! can someone please help

Thanks

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: My BB Pearl Media Manager

ok, let me ask you something... Do you have a micro sd card? If not, I do not believe that you can drop and drag files. I could be wrong, but I am sure that someone will be able to verify or correct me... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    ok, let me ask you something... Do you have a micro sd card? If not, I do not believe that you can drop and drag files. I could be wrong, but I am sure that someone will be able to verify or correct me... LOL
    wow your saying im gonna go and have to buy sd card b4 i can actually listen to music? that sucks, wow i bought it thinking i would go and listen to music right when i plug in my computer and stuff...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I believe so, I am not 100% sure. I havent bought an SD card yet, nor have I transferred MP3's from my pc to the phone. I might be totally wrong. Someone will end up giving more feed back that might help you a little bit better...

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

I don't think so. I just got my first BlackBerry and it happens to be the Pearl. If you don't have the MicroSD card you can still put up to 64MB (I think) of music as long as the files are no larger than 2MB onto your phone since that's the size limit. And you have to put it in a specific folder too. I think it's ..Device Memry/user/music/ or something. I'm not sure, still new to BlackBerry and all.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

hawk838 no está en línea Stack level 2

So you don't have to buy a SD card to put music on the Pearl?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by squ34k
    If you don't have the MicroSD card you can still put up to 64MB (I think) of music as long as the files are no larger than 2MB onto your phone since that's the size limit. And you have to put it in a specific folder too. I think it's ..
    Not quite that much, more like 5 to 10 meg, before you run out of memory. The total Available memory is 64MBytes, but the majority of that is taken up by the OS. The maximum Memory that can be reserved for Device Memory for Media use is 25 Meg. But this will reduce the memory available for messages and other data.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

i read on blackberry forums and they said we do need the microsd card...

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

a micro sd will allow you to listen to more music because like mentioned before the 64mb memory on the pearl will only allow you to add about a 2mb file and you will run out of space quickly. As far as the folders I know when you have a microsd card in it you have the folders for music and video. I think the reason you dont have it without a mem card is because there is not enough space to hold video and pics hence the need for more memory

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Not quite that much, more like 5 to 10 meg, before you run out of memory. The total Available memory is 64MBytes, but the majority of that is taken up by the OS. The maximum Memory that can be reserved for Device Memory for Media use is 25 Meg. But this will reduce the memory available for messages and other data.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    Right, I meant 64MB total space. :P But you can only put files no larger than a little less than 2MB on the phone until it runs out of space. If you had an MicroSD card you can put as much and as many as it will let you, no size limit.
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by squ34k
    Right, I meant 64MB total space. :P But you can only put files no larger than a little less than 2MB on the phone until it runs out of space. If you had an MicroSD card you can put as much and as many as it will let you, no size limit.
    oh i got it... yeah it got to be 2mb or less! but i still dont have a video or music folder on my blackberry... so whenever i create it, still wont show up on my phone! but it will play as a ring tone... anyone can help?

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Like I said earlier. I think it's ..Device Memory/user/music or something. I just created a new folder in ..ringtones/mp3
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

i tried the device memory/user/music and still says there is no folder as such a name... but i can play music on my ringtone folders... but it just stupid... should stay on the music folder no ringtone... but anyway thanks man

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I really think you need a micro sd card for this

Mi|enko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D1276

Quote Originally Posted by mracing5625
    i tried the device memory/user/music and still says there is no folder as such a name... but i can play music on my ringtone folders... but it just stupid... should stay on the music folder no ringtone... but anyway thanks man
    You will not have a Music or Video folder until you get a memory card. It adds it automatically to the card itself. You could place the files into the ringtone folder, but then they're mixed in with all the others. You can get a 1 gig microSD card for 24 bucks, btw. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233039

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast