Okay I charged my phone before I went to sleep last night and fully powered ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

My Battery Life...

Advertisement

Okay I charged my phone before I went to sleep last night and fully powered it off. So when I woke up it had 85%, what I had last night. So I charge it from 7am to 9am to get 100% battery power.Here's the problem, the battery life went to 20% by 4:30PM. I had moderate to heavy use of the phone and IM (Jivetalk), with light web browsing and emailing. Only program running in the background were the usual ones (non 3rd party apps) and Jivetalk. So wtf happened to my battery life? Should I have left it to charge over night?

Poobarellah no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: My Battery Life...

The same thing happened to me a couple of nights ago, except my Pearl went completely dead! I have no idea what caused it and it hasn't happened since.

genxseven no está en línea Stack level 1

that's happened to me in the past. I do a battery pull reset and then charge it again. this works for me.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

Jivetalk, although great, uses a ton of battery. There are several options, you can charge it during the day in the car or with a travel charger at the office, or you can look into getting one of seidio's extended batteries. Or I guess you could just turn off Jivetalk, but that is not an option for me.

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Okay did another battery test today.

I charged my battery overnight until 8AM, 100% battery life. Changed jivetalk to TCP transfer, said to be good for battery life. I can't log off of jivetalk, I use it a lot. So anyway I used the phone and IM moderately, browsing moderate, few emails, and guess what. By 1:00PM I had 20% battery life. Either I use my BB too much or I need 2 batteries, I'm gonna continue testing to see what happens.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Save the head ache issue, and get the extended battery.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i don't know if this will help or not but here goes....i only had my pearl for a few weeks when this started happening to mine I called about it and they sent me a complete new device without a battery. after getting the new device ready and set up after the battery went down i charged it well it happen again go i charged it thru my pc hooked up that way and it stopped depleting the charge...

my advice is try a different charger and see if it helps if not get a new battery or see if your phone is under warranty

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

I would say if your battery is dead by that time there may be something wrong with the battery, you could always contact RIM or your carrier about it, or just buy an extended battery. I know you willenjoy the extended battery and it really isn't that much bigger.

Poobarellah no está en línea Stack level 1

I think Naylor's right. Your battery should have enough juice to last longer whether you use Jivetalk or not (I use it). It sounds like your battery has issues, not your phone.