I've had this Pearl 8130 for 2 weeks now. Like all things it's not perfect ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

3kushn no está en línea Stack level 1

My Address Book / Dialing - Lookup Changed

Advertisement

I've had this Pearl 8130 for 2 weeks now. Like all things it's not perfect but one thing I like is when looking up a number all I had to do is tap the corisponding number/letter and any name with that letter would be listed. I'd scroll down to the name I needed and if 2 numbers were loaded a drop down list would appear.

I decided to add contacts from Outlook 2003. Set up a folder to sync to in Outlook did the sync and now I have to go to Address Book type in a letter or letters locate the name click on that then select which number to dial.

If I would say simply tap the 1 key I get *No Addresses* Then if I tap the what I call the "Go back button" I get the listing.

How can I get back to the original settings??

3kushn no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: My Address Book / Dialing - Lookup Changed

Wow Guess this is a tough one. This has around 60 view and no comment.
    I can't find an answer from anyone else either.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: My Address Book / Dialing - Lookup Changed

Ok, I did a little testing and I think you've somehow gotten to the "sim phone book". Here is what I came up with to get back to what you want, press these keys in this order and you should be okay.

1. Navigate to your address book by using the trackball and go to the icon.
    2. Once this blank version of your address book is on the screen, press the back button immediately to the right of the trackball.
    3. Now you should see your contacts, press the back button that you just pressed again to exit the address book.
    4. Now use your normal shortcut key to get to your address book and you should see your contacts as usual.

If it doesn't work, let us know.

Tucker