Hey guys, my pearl handset is busted, I cant hear anyone when I talk and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cotz no está en línea Stack level 2

My 8 Month Pearl = Broken

Advertisement

Hey guys,

my pearl handset is busted, I cant hear anyone when I talk and it sounds horrible. My speaker phone works, and if I plug in a headset it works. Anyone hear of this problem?

I am with rogers and spent pratically two days with them trying to solve the issue, finally they are going to send me a replacement Pearl. Rogers said it is a probable refurbished Pearl. This pisses me off b/c I want a new one. My pearl that I have is in mint condition.

Anyone have this problem? and what did you do?

Thanks

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: My 8 Month Pearl = Broken

I had this problem 1x and I did a battery pull and then my phone was fine.

I did everything, I even checked my sim card in another rogers phone. It was fine.

Nivek2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had this problem, called tmobile and they told me to do a battery pull, it worked for about a day then it went back to the same thing. Not knowing what was wrong, thought my phone was busted. Tired of pulling the battery all the time I decided to change OS so i switched to the v4.2.0.71 and problem SOLVED. I guess it has to do with that.

I installed the new operating system for rogers and same problem.

Not sure then, hope you find a quick solution, try to switch from OS again to another one, if possible one from another carrier, dont really know about this, my problem was fixed with the .71 i havent had this problem since.

Rogers is gonna send me a phone, I hope its a new one, or else Im gonna be pissed.

Best of luck I know how it feels. Im sure its not gonna have any problems.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I have to jump in here. First there is nothing wrong with refurbbed devices. As a matter of fact you might consider them better than new as they have already had the first failure corrected. So statisticly it will be a longer time before the next failure. It's a long explanation as to why this matters but take my word on it.

Secondly you've had your BB for 8 months now so it's not new, sending you a refurbbed device is doing a favor to you. Instead of having to wait for your device to by sent in to the repair center for warranty repair, the actual repair, and transport back, they're advancing you the device so that you only loose the use of your cell for the time it takes to send the replacement device. You wouldn't expect your car manufacturer to replace your 8 month old car for an fuel pump failure would you? Tell me what the difference is.

Rcbjr.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

M0stBlunt3d no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ECB429

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I have to jump in here. First there is nothing wrong with refurbbed devices. As a matter of fact you might consider them better than new as they have already had the first failure corrected. So statisticly it will be a longer time before the next failure. It's a long explanation as to why this matters but take my word on it.

Secondly you've had your BB for 8 months now so it's not new, sending you a refurbbed device is doing a favor to you. Instead of having to wait for your device to by sent in to the repair center for warranty repair, the actual repair, and transport back, they're advancing you the device so that you only loose the use of your cell for the time it takes to send the replacement device. You wouldn't expect your car manufacturer to replace your 8 month old car for an fuel pump failure would you? Tell me what the difference is.

Rcbjr.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    nah man, NEW > REFURB

winste no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by M0stBlunt3d
    nah man, NEW > REFURB
    That's a pretty thoughtful response. It really adds a lot to the discussion. Way to back up your thoughts with reason.

After owning a phone for 8 months, it is no longer new. The warranty does not state you are entitled to a new phone for the first year.

If the original poster wants to keep the original because it is such great condition, ask for the phone to be repaired not replaced.

I had a $2000 TV break after six months. I didn't expect a replacement. They fixed it and all is well.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Yah, actually I would be happy if I was in your situation and they sent me a replacement, even a refurb. They could have done nothing so consider yourself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    Yah, actually I would be happy if I was in your situation and they sent me a replacement, even a refurb. They could have done nothing so consider yourself lucky.
    but for the amount of spending per year with my contract, im paying for the phone like 5 or 6 times over. considering the fact that rogers is a multi billion dollar company, im sure that they can send me a new phone. they own the blue jays.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by cotz
    but for the amount of spending per year with my contract, im paying for the phone like 5 or 6 times over. considering the fact that rogers is a multi billion dollar company, im sure that they can send me a new phone. they own the blue jays.
    Just because a company is making money, which is what they are supposed to do, does not mean they owe people anything. I don't like the high price of service but no one held a gun to my head to sign a contract. Don't take this personal, I think a lot of people feel the same way as you do. I'm usually in the minority.

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

Never had that problem
    ...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~

25 Male, Tennessee

You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00