So I am a pretty technical guy. My wife gets me this new phone called ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2

My 8220 and ATT with Maps Drama

Advertisement

So I am a pretty technical guy. My wife gets me this new phone called the Flip Berry, since I drooled over it a long time ago and got a good deal on it. Well first off the bat I have to unlock it. It took Tmobile a 7 day period to send me the code. That is ok, however I was promised 24 hrs.
    Anywho, then they say the email i gave them had all the info to unlock the phone since they sent it 5 days after my request. Oddly enough my Web mail application is for business for my website. This means that someone had marked anything from Tmobile as SPAM. Happened with Myspace a while ago.
    Ok so no code, no problem. I had my faithful 8820 and waited patiently. I get my code unlock and get on the Tmobile Site to see an update. I do that and go on my merry day. I then notice, I love Blackberry Maps as Data and speed are good. Hmmm. Where is it ?? it showed it on the Service books but Nada. i then look like a maniac everywhere and NADA. So I decide since I bought this phone new I can slap the Tmobile Sim card and it will work. Nope
    I then download Maps directly from RIM, nope. Gave me an error. I had definately determined myself to get it working. I have a puck and wanted to use it on thei new phone. Just for fun. Well after trying so many times to get the System to show maps. I decided to call Tmobile, they said to send service books to it. I did over and over again. No luck.
    I then say HEY what if someone has Tmobile with a SIM card that uses a Blackberry. But where. So I go to the nearest Tmobile Store. i meet this gal and she helps us. I tell her my story and she pops out her phone.
    TADA a Tmobile Blackberry Pearl with DATA !!! I then proceed to put her card in my phone and MAGIC. Blackberrry Maps shows up and so does Email setup. i say YAY. "I hope it keeps the Maps Icon" yes the icon was the only thing missing. Then we remove her card. Add mine and BAMN it works now. i ask her how much I owe her and she says nothing. She had mentioned to me as to how did I unlock my phones. I told her, Curve I paid. 8820 from ATT for free. Flip from Tmobile for Free. Pearl 8100 by me via cable. I asked for her card and will offer unlocking to her later.
    This brings me to now. After all this trouble. I thought what Can I do for Pinstack. I got it
    I am posting the backup of my service books with Maps for ATT users with 8220's. Enjoy

It shows as a ZIP file. Rename it to .ipd and that is your file. I hope this helps you all
    Last edited by chuckymafia; 12-11-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Problem to this was now Discovered. It has my email. So if you guys can delete all the un-needed service book options, that would be cool. I am trying to make it to where only maps shows up

Ok now

Here is the file with only 2 service books. After you do this, it will delete all your other service books. Just re-register or re-send service books to your phone. It worked for me and now has my email and everything is back to normal
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckymafia View Post
    I am posting the backup of my service books with Maps for ATT users with 8220's. Enjoy

It shows as a ZIP file. Rename it to .ipd and that is your file. I hope this helps you all
    Then what do I do with it. How do I get it on my Flipberry? Details, I need details.

OK so I figured out that this is a backup file but won't it erase all my other data, ie calendar and contacts etc?
    Last edited by Dream Rider; 12-11-2008 at 05:43 AM.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

It only replaces your Service books with the one with the Maps. Just hit restore on your Backup-restore option in Blackberry Desktop manager and once it loads hit ok to it. That is all. i think it may remove your email, therefore you have to Resend service books. Let me try this as I think I found a glitch where it removes email and once you hit send service books, it deletes maps all over again. Let me retry this. I will keep you posted as I need maps on my 8820 as well with the new OS and this file works with it as well.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If I could get BB maps working on my flipberry with AT&T, that would be awesome!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    guys, i don't really offer a solution to the issue at hand but will tell you this...im coming from an 8310 with built in gps so i thought i would be lost (literally ) without my telenav from ATT ...

i downloaded google maps for my 8220 just a day after getting it as i was going somewhere i had never been before. much to my surprise, google maps knew "almost" exactly where i was! seems they use the towers to triangulate your position (big word for me bc i have no idea what that even means) but heck its cool as all get out and its free...

instead of stressing about not getting bbmaps, try out google maps.

from your bb browser: http://www.google.com/gmm

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    The 8310 Curve has built-in GPS and that is why is is so accurate. My Curve is great with Google Maps.

My Flipberry triangulates with the cell towers (no GPS) and can be off by 1/4 mile with Google.

PS; I love my Flipberry!!!!!
    Last edited by Dream Rider; 12-11-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!