This thing gave me a heart attack today LOL This morning, after a phone call ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

My 8120 Is Back Up And Running Again

Advertisement

This thing gave me a heart attack today LOL This morning, after a phone call and writing a phone number in Memo Pad, it started in a reset loop. I also installed SIPRelay (a rant about that in another thread). After I installed this, my BB went into a one-day long reset loop. I decided to pick up a cheap pre-paid phone kit and SIM card (which may now go into the 8100 for backup purposes).

Just now I looked at my 8120 and it had gone into screensaver mode due to me not trying to see what was wrong. To my shock, the thing had rebooted itself and was on my PinStack home screen. I proceeded to uninstall SIPRelay. The 8120 rebooted perfectly and now runs as it should. I no longer have to have it replaced which THANKFULLY saved me a headache as I am leaving Sunday afternoon on a whirlwind schedule with little time to come home and pack up the old 8120 and setup the new one.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-13-2008 at 12:03 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Glad you got it up and running again.....you'll probably sleep really well tonight now that you can unwind from the BB induced stress!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I'm happy for you, Erica!

It sure says something about how much psychic investment we have in these blessed devices... At this point we need two of them -- in case one goes on the blink!

Kefka no está en línea Stack level 1
    ya my 8100's trackball stopped working for 3 weeks, got a replacement and the day my phone arrived...BOOM trackball works fine

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Life's little ironies

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Glad it's working Erica. Scary stuff, seriously.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    That's good news!! I don't know what I would do without my 8120!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    that is freaky! glad you got it resolved! My 8120 camera got stuck on the other day and I had to do a batt pull to resolve it! I was not happy to say the least
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Gmandese no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the sme issue after installing a plazmic theme to my 8320, with os 4.5.0.46.
    it was intended for the 8300 series running os 4.3 and above, the guy created it with the plazmic newest beta. After I installed it the phone went into a restart loop, and even though I have managed to change back to the L theme, it keeps resetting. When I get home from work I'll use DM to remove the theme, and hopefully that will cure it!