I bought a new battery and that didnt work, so what else can I try? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beko1987 no está en línea Stack level 1

My 8100 is shafted!

Advertisement

I bought a new battery and that didnt work, so what else can I try? Again, it crashed during a call, I pullled the battery out and now its dead. No hourglass or anything. I followed the FAQ on this site for wiping and reinstalling but that wont work. Any ideas before I try quoting trading standards to the phone company to try and get them to replace my uninsured phone?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: My 8100 is shafted!

did you buy this phone new? there is a 1 year warrenty..

It came new with the contract, so I assume it is covered. Contract taken out with the carphone warehouse though, scumbags!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

well call your carrier and see if you can get a replacement..

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Part of your contract should include coverage for the phone you got with it. That's why you have a contract - that and cell coverage is what it's all about. They should replace it - they usually have a deal with the phone companies that provide them phones so it should be a no-brainer. Good luck.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I had a problem with my phone before and went into the shop I bought it in and they replaced it straight away.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I rang them up at work today and got quoted the script, which said I needed to send it off to be repaired, along with a #50 refundable deposit. I'll box it back up and take it into the shop tomorrow. Have to do some blagging though, as I stood on the back cover whilst getting the box down from the shelf and snapped it so have to hope someone understanding is working tomorrow.

OK, good news everybody! Took it in and they took it in for a free repair. So I'm happy now! I sort of hope they replace it as the trackball is on the way out too!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Who is your Wireless Carrier? My first Pearl crapped out 3 weeks ago, I was within the 12 month warranty. My carrier replaced it no problem, sent me a new unit and the stuff necessary to ship my old unit back to them.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

o2 @ the carphone warehouse. They just took my handset, gave me the box etc back and gave me a receipt. As I havent paid anything for it I'm a little apprehensive of getting a big bill to get it back. Decided that if the bills over 50 quid I'll tell them to keep it and buy a brand new 7230 for 35 quid!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

beko,

You shouldn't get a bill - it should be in warrenty depending on how long you've had the phone and the terms of your contract. Once you get through this repair etc, regardless of the outcome, find out the details of your contract with the provider and then you'll rest easier knowing what your rights are and what's covered in case of a problem.