My Pearl is about 2 years old.. and a refurb. It's always done weird things ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

petes99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question My 8100.. affecting external devices?? (video)

Advertisement

My Pearl is about 2 years old.. and a refurb. It's always done weird things when too close to speakers - makes them sputter out all kinds of noise due to its radio antenna signals. I've read that this is not all that uncommon and have not really worried about it.

Last night I discovered a new.. "trick" this thing has. I put it next to a rechargeable LED lantern/light and suddenly it started blinking WILDLY. When I moved the BB away, it stopped. The light (from Griot's Garage) is controlled by a physical button, and to my knowledge does not have any radio controls.. anyone care to explain this one? Really freaking me out.

My girlfriend's Curve 8330 has NO effect on the light - or speakers for that matter.

And yup, I had to take a video of this - who'd believe it otherwise..

Last edited by petes99; 03-13-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: adding link to light

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, the only thing that I can think of that would cause this is...the actual radio waves (that are similar to the waves emitted by a microwave) have enough wattage to light the LEDs. I can't think of any other reason. There is also a video on youtube of 3 phones popping popcorn via these waves. I know that the CB radios that truck drivers use will light up a flouresent bulb when placed close to the antenna and the radio is transmitting.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    The popcorn thing has been proven false.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Dude, this is sweet! Kinda funny actually...more reasons why you shouldn't talk on the phone that much Brain tumors galore!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    So that's why my head hurts so much....
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    [QUOTE=jfcooley;1088026]So that's why my head hurts so much....
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~[/QUOTE
    Just think of it as a microwave for brains
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)