I noticed yesterday (when my alarm didn't wake me up) that my 8100 has gone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ridsel no está en línea Stack level 1

Mute / Sound Issue - None Except Voice

Advertisement

I noticed yesterday (when my alarm didn't wake me up) that my 8100 has gone almost totally silent. When I answer a call, I can hear the caller... but no other sounds are working: music is silent, alarm is silent, all call and message notifications are silent, and there's no sound when using the trackball (I turned "clicker" back on to test it).

This isn't about Profiles, as I've checked them and this occurs in every profile despite notifications etc being turned on. The volume keys do nothing to alleviate this problem.

I've looked through every menu and I can't find anything that would do this.

Could this be a hardware issue? If so, why can I hear callers?

Cam

sayh0y no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204af577
    turn off phone and take out battery. it did the job for me. and this is a known problem.

I've done that twice already... should've said in the original post. It doesn't fix it. Is this something I should keep trying until it works?

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    Have you done the software upgrade. That seems to be correcting that issue.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

I hadn't. I have now... and it didn't fix it. I can confirm the the headphones work fine though. Getting frustrated!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ridsel, Welcome to PinStack.

I think you may have hardware problem. Can you hear someone that calls when using the speaker phone? The Alerts use the speaker phone for output. The normal call go through a differnt speaker. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ajPearl no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can only add that I have had the same problem too. Even when I played any media in loud profile, I was not hearing anything.

I switched off the phone removed the battery and started it again and the sound worked, but my BB did not recognize the SIM card. I have thread here: "Insert SIM card error".

I hope it works for you!