I listen to audio books using the media player and usually leave it paused in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jofspade no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mute Button for Standby and Pause/Play

Advertisement

I listen to audio books using the media player and usually leave it paused in the background so I don't lose my spot in the middle of a track. In this case, the mute button acts as pause and play. I can immediately continue where I left off by hitting the mute button from the home screen.

The problem is that when I hold the mute button to go to standby, my track starts playing again!

The best solution I've found is to "double-click and hold" the mute button to go to standby. The first click unpauses the track, the second click pauses it again, and holding down the mute button puts the pearl in standby. But this has the annoying side effect of playing part of the track.

My OS is 4.3.0.170 (US Cellular). This wasn't a problem on the original VZW 4.3.0.119 since the phone prompted for standby mode when pressing the mute button.

Ideally, a short click of the mute button will pause/unpause and a long click will place in standby. Short of an OS change, what else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad

Re: Mute Button for Standby and Pause/Play

Yeah as far as I know woth the new media player there is no way around that.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~