Hey everyone. I'm a new Pearl owner as well as new to this board. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hkdla no está en línea Stack level 1

Music Won't Play

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I'm a new Pearl owner as well as new to this board. The main reason I joined was because I had added music to my player and use to be able to listen to the music. I added some apps to my phone today and it since then I've been having problems listing to my music I loaded onto my phone. Now I can't even listen to the preloaded sounds that came with the phone.

It is as though that the music player is not working properly on my phone anymore.

Please Help!

bwell2u no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Music Won't Play

Welcome to the Stacks. What music format are you using? The format has to be MP3 in order for you to listen to your music. Did you put your music in the correct folder? What applications did you add to your phone today?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I added the application which allows for me to change the trackball color and I added a different theme to my phone. I added mp3 files to my microSD card. A yesterday before I installed the theme and the trackball color application I was able to play mp3s, but after installing I'm not able to play any kind of sound on my phone. I tried playing some of the preloaded ringtones and sounds, but nothing will play.

When I take out my battery and put the battery back into the phone it says

ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout

When I want to play a song on my phone it will say
    "Unable to display file/Device Memory/samples/music/MusicDemo.m4a"

it says the same thing when I try to play a song on my SD card but it says

"Unable to display file/Media Card/blackberry/music/023D44~1.MP3"

Thanks in advance for all the help!

***EDIT***: I just tried to look at the preloaded pictures on my phone and the same thing happens. It says it can't display the picture.
    Last edited by hkdla; 06-02-2007 at 08:58 PM.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by bwell2u
    Welcome to the Stacks. What music format are you using? The format has to be MP3 in order for you to listen to your music.
    That's not altogether true......Depending on your OS, .wma files can be played on the Pearl, also.

bwell2u no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes that is true, I stand corrected. It's just most people use more of the mp3 format.

You may need to backup everything unless you don't mind losing it. Then try this (stated in forum
    listed about a week agao by Dolphinrich and cherrichiodo)

Dolphinrich
    [FONT=Verdana]If you have Desktop Manager and the current Handheld software for your device, loaded on your Laptop/Desktop, then you should be able to use App Loader to Erase all Applications and Application Data, then reload the device.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Do a Register Now under Options >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing table which should bring down an Internet Browser and Email Settings Icon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Using the Email Settings icon, You can then repush your Service books to your device for your personal email. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]cherrichiodo[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]the only other thing i could add is to wipe it from the handheld. this will put it back to factory settings.

options/security options/general settings
    click menu/choose wipe handheld

for an OS reload, here are detailed instructions:
    How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry[/FONT]

I hope this will help you get your BB up and running.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I bet you lost your Browser also. This thread, Problem on Some New BlackBerry Handhelds should help.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks! I reinstalled the OS and it's working good now. I had reenter my address book in, but it's no problem. Thanks for the Help!