Hello, I just installed a microSD card and loaded some music on my pearl. When ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tabasco014 no está en línea Stack level 1

music stops playing when phone locks

Advertisement

Hello,

I just installed a microSD card and loaded some music on my pearl. When I try using the default music player, the music plays fine but stops once the phone locks (~30sec). Is there a good way around this so the music will keep playing even after the phone locks?

I've spent a little bit of time looking in the forum, but couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: music stops playing when phone locks

I just did it with mine! after you start playing the song just lock it yourself before you put it down and it will play on and on and on I have a pearl so if your phone is different that i dont know

When I lock the phone (either by pushing the assigned button on the side or locking through the home screen), the music stops playing.

Perhaps there is a setting with the media player or lock that I need to play with?

I also have a pearl

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Tabasco, do you have content protection or password enabled with your device. Just a hunch, but if you do disable it for a moment and then try to lock the phone with music playing

Ok I couldn't stand not knowing. Basically if you content protection enabled, the player stops. However if you have the phone pw protected only it will still play on lock

I am just curious to hear back from Tabasco to see if that is his issue.
    Last edited by icancn2u; 11-14-2007 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Added info

icancn2u,

I did indeed have content protection enabled. After I disabled it, the music worked while locking the phone. Thanks a ton! It would probably have taken me hours to figure that out.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Tabasco, glad we figured it out.
    I noticed some other issues when I enabled it before, the caller id did not always recognize my contacts and a few other small things I can't remember.

That's funny since my phone also didn't always realize my contacts. Perhaps that will also be fixed by disabling content protection.

Thanks again!