Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As somone whose kids laugh at him for not owning an ipod, can someone suggest ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Music services?

Advertisement

As somone whose kids laugh at him for not owning an ipod, can someone suggest good legal download services that work well with the Pearl? Thanks, Bill

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Music services?

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I like using itunes, and I hear the new version is nice. There is also the one from Yahoo. I don't like to pay for music, I just borrow friends cd's and rip em to my library

Aupps no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204BA75A

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    ~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I like using itunes, and I hear the new version is nice. There is also the one from Yahoo. I don't like to pay for music, I just borrow friends cd's and rip em to my library
    I can't get iTunes music format to play on my pearl. You might want to go with a service that uses the mp3 format

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

I've tried the iTunes on my Pearl and it doesn't work either. I had posed this question on a thread on the mp3s and no one even touched it. I was thinking that I was the only one that tried to use iTunes music. Yet, the songs that I've ripped from CDs and converted over to mp3 format working flawlessly.

I wish the iTunes did work because I don't buy CDs anymore. It is cheaper for me to buy the one or two songs that I like on CD from iTunes.

It would have been nice if Apple and BlackBerry could have collaborated on this.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jglasel no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CF305

I can rip a CD band, transfer it to the handset, but I can only get monaural sound on the 8100 playback. Are you able to get stereo? I'm using a correct stereo jack and several sets of stereo earphones I have all give the same result.

Playing the embedded media avi file, I also can only get monaural sound.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

I haven't played it through a headset. Ice only listened to it through the 8100 speakers which sounds muffled because that silver plate on the back actually covers the speaker. Hopefully, when they make the next version, the speaker won't be covered up. The sound play is better when I have the back cover removed, but its definitely not Ipod sound quality.

I've loaded some mp3s that I've ripped from my CDs to use as ringtones. Otherwise, I'm not even using the mp3 player.

Thanks. Any suggestions as to an OTA MP3 music service, or just to a regular MP3 service? Bill

blue78vette no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would like to know if there is an ota music download service for now I use morphous p2p get it off of download.com its free and music is free but does anyone know where you can get a differnt music player for the 8100 or how to make the music come through the Bluetooth?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

blue78vette, Welcome to PinStack,

Can't answer your Pearl questions, but just wanted to welcome you anyway.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

FinHead no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204D0089

I use allofmp3.com to buy my music ($2-$3 / CD), but I can't get their portable alltunes application to load on the Pearl. Maybe they'll update it at some point.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

PIN/ID
    mcm180

You should look for some third part decoder which can transform the protected AAC format to mp3 ... But its still protected ..best bet check the music dowmload sites for year song already in mp3 format

PIN/ID
    mcm180
    You should look for some third part decoder which can transform the protected AAC format to mp3 ... But its still protected ..best bet check the music dowmload sites for year song already in mp3 format

Thanks for all the answers so far. Can folks suggest specific download services? (I assume itunes won't work.) New Napster? Rhapsody? Bill

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

I think rhapsody allows you to download songs (fee per song) in an mp3 format.

BReady ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast