Just got my 2gb card , now want to load my music.my question is this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jack no está en línea Stack level 2

music organization?

Advertisement

Just got my 2gb card , now want to load my music.my question is this ....how does one best organize it...do you simply copy and paste it into the media card in the music section of the media gallery or do you create a folder for every artist inside there?...also how do you also get the album art.I'm using mp3 from itune tracks burnt onto disc then reloaded into itunes converted to mp3s thereby allowing them to be played anywhere.

all the tracks play fine , just wanted to organize them better and no smarter people than here...grovel over!

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

Re: music organization?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know about album art but I just copy and past it directly from I tunes. If you use the I tunes music folder then you can copy the folders with it makes it easier

hi snoweey

so you just copy the whole folder and paste it straight into the music folder in media gallery?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

You should not have to do that unless you dont have the artists and titles already named on the music. When you add the music, you can go to the media player on the device then select by artist, album, etc or just simply listen to "all tracks"

my q mrradio is do I go to my computer etc into itunes folder and just drag or cut and paste the individually mp3 files or the whole folders containing the different artists?

sorry to sound dim!

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

In itunes, highlight the songs you want and drag them over. Its that simple.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

If you have one folder per artist,you won't be able to play a lot of files together. What I do is create mood folders and put a lot of songs in it. And if you want you can create subfolders too. I've got like 20 main folders each one acting like a playlist.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

I created folders in my music as per type of music (I have a Rock/Hip Hop/Country & Ol' School folder)

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

For album art, say maybe a jpg file, just name it "folder.jpg" and put it in a folder with some songs and every song in that folder will show that image when played.

So what I do is I have separate folders for different albums each with their own album art.

I'm not sure if newer operating systems have fixed this bug, but to put ALL of my songs into a playlist I have to have at least one file outside of all my album folders but still in the music folder. I have about 10 or 15 random songs there and I can choose Play All to put all songs in a playlist including ones in sub folders(the albums). To just play the songs in that folder and not in sub folders, hit Play Folder.

Hope this helps.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

i use mediamonkey and it lets you organize everything by folders. it also saves album art to each mp3 file. 100x better than itunes.

kingofdasouth no está en línea Stack level 2

Is mediamonkey a free program? Because I have been trying to put album art on my bb pearl for the longest.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Google is a great place to search for stuff.

I just used it and searched for mediamonkey.

Anyways, long story short, it's free to do what you want with album art and even editing tags for mp3s.

There's also a 20 dollar version with some advanced features.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 08-17-2007 at 09:38 PM.

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    When you add the music, you can go to the media player on the device then select by artist, album, etc or just simply listen to "all tracks"
    I don't see any way you can sort by artist, album, etc?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am in the same situation as I found out that MusicMatch is now Yahoo Music. Has anyone gotten this to work with the Pearl? I would like to transfer some songs to my Pearl if I get a card big enough. I have the T-Mo US OS 4.2.1.103 (Platform 2.3.0.82).