Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by GGW4Mike ok it says i must have lame_enc.dll to change bitrate and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Music Editor

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GGW4Mike
    ok it says i must have lame_enc.dll to change bitrate and to export as mp3

hmm. try to going to edit > preferences > file format tab and then click "find library". what does that do?

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

GGW4Mike no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    hmm. try to going to edit > preferences > file format tab and then click "find library". what does that do?
    It tells me to find the lame_enc.dll and blah blah...and ty to the guy above me for sending me the link to dl...will let you guys know more in a sec

alright i got it saved as mp3 and everything now i went to DM and sent it to my ringtones folder on my BlackBerry...it says 0kb on DM and when i try to open it on BB it says Unable to display file /Device Memory/home/user/rockstarmp3

Nvm it works great...ty all for your time and help...Now its theme time! heh

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

cool, glad it worked for ya.

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Thumbs up Re: Music Editor

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    after opening audacity, i open the song that i want to edit. i play the song to get to about the point i want to pull out. (i'm not sure if this is the easier/fastest way to do this, but this is what i do --->) when i get to that point, i use the maginfy glass with the + in it (the zoom in tool) so i can more easily get exactly where i want the ringer to start/stop.

when i find where i want to (say it starts at :36 seconds), i use the default tool to go to the :36 mark, click and drag over to where i want to end (say at :56 seconds - since the ringer will play :20 seconds only anyways). it should be highlighted now. i push play to make sure that is the part i want. if not, then i will try again. once i get the part i want, i go to edit > cut.

i then go to file > new, and in the new window, edit > paste. now only the :20 seconds i wanted is there.

in edit > preferences, i change the mp3 export setup (on the bottom, under file formats), and change the bitrate to 56. i then go to file > export as mp3 and save it where i want.

it's pretty quick from there. i throw it on the BB really quick and play it. if it needs to be a little better quality, i'll go back in preferences and raise the bit rate a little bit, and then export it again.

its pretty easy. and again, don't know if this is the easiest/fastest way, but it works for me. hope that helps!
    thanks for the information tecrishon! i will definitely try that out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12