I may be missing something here so hopefully someone can help me out. In the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

Multiple Email Addresses

Advertisement

I may be missing something here so hopefully someone can help me out. In the address book is there a trick to setting up more than 1 email address? I have personal and work email addresses for most everyone in my address book. I list their personal email under the email header and their work one I enter under the job title.

I love the way the OS asks what you wnt to do when you dial a contact...it brings up the phone numbers assigned to that contact and you just pick home, mobile or office.

I tried to forward an email yesterday and went to the contact and chose the contact but it didn;t give me a choice of emails. It used the email address under the email header.

I hope this makes sense and I hope there is a solution....
    Thanks for helping a noob....

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Multiple Email Addresses

There is quite an easy way to do this with the Pearl.

First, adding an e-mail address to the Job Title field won't do anything for you as you can't then use it as you've found out.

To add multiple e-mail addresses, select the contact you want to add the e-mail address for and choose the menu key to edit that contact.

Once you're editing the contact, press the menu key again and you'll see an option to add an e-mail address. Select this and type in the other e-mail.

When you're done editing, you should see that there are multiple "Email" headings for that particular client. When you choose to e-mail them, you'll be given the option of which address to use.

Hope this was clear enough!

Good luck!

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

That was perfectly clear and thank you...I assumed it would be on the default contact screen since most people would need more than one...but now I know how to do it...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

...and it will prompt you for the email address to use for contacts with more than one.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Thank you so much for this info...I was always sending emails to contacts 2 email addys.....thanks again!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Just another suggestion... If you have a ton of email addresses / contacts you might consider syncing with Outlook (or whichever program you use) then exporting your contacts to an excel file... and import them back into outlook with custom mapped fields automatically changing the title to secondary email address. If your good with that stuff it will save you a ton of time... if not I guess go about it manually!

Another solution is to do it through Yahoo Go... I already have a yahoo ID so you would need to get one if not, but under the settings there is an address book sync which will automatically sync your contacts in the BB with your contacts in Yahoo. It might be easier to edit the stuff on a full keyboard!

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0
    There is quite an easy way to do this with the Pearl.

First, adding an e-mail address to the Job Title field won't do anything for you as you can't then use it as you've found out.

To add multiple e-mail addresses, select the contact you want to add the e-mail address for and choose the menu key to edit that contact.

Once you're editing the contact, press the menu key again and you'll see an option to add an e-mail address. Select this and type in the other e-mail.

When you're done editing, you should see that there are multiple "Email" headings for that particular client. When you choose to e-mail them, you'll be given the option of which address to use.

Hope this was clear enough!

Good luck!
    I was wondering this myself. Thanks