hello everybody... i'm not sure if i'm having problems with my BBP, or if that's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chigga no está en línea Stack level 1

Multiple BBPearl Dilemmas-- Please help!!!!

Advertisement

hello everybody... i'm not sure if i'm having problems with my BBP, or if that's just how it is it. please tell me if anyone else is experiencing any of these issues, or if that's just normal and i'm not used to it yet... thanks!

-Email Dilemma 1--- Personal email is GMAIL. I have an icon for GMAIL. Company email does not have anything. I want a new separate icon for company email... is that possible? At the moment, Company email is being dumped into "Messages folder," which is fine, but I would still like something separate instead of rummaging thru 2 emails + SMS + chats. Too much work!!!

-Email Dilemma 2--- previous emails (from personal email only) gets deleted on it's own. Yesterday, I was able to see the last 5 days of email, this morning, I can only see the last 2 days of email... what happened to the other 3 days???? This is not happening in my "Messages" Folder (where my company email / SMS / Personal email is all stored).

-Loudness of the phone--- Not very good??? My alarm clock especially is the lightest sound ever, even when I'm awake I don't hear it (I am in no way close to being deaf btw!). My ringers are all on loud, so is there something wrong with my BB's speaker?

-Adding into Address Book--- this is DIFFICULT / ANNOYING!!!!! First, pretend I already have a contact named Joe Smith (Mobile and Email). Now lets say Joe calls me from Work and I want to store it.... is there a way for me to ADD that work number into Joe's Contact??? I dont want to Copy and Paste the number... and I definately dont want to insert the number manually!

-Google Talk--- At first, my phone was fine with GoogleTalk. Then, everytime someone sent me a chat, it would write everything double. So I figured maybe if I was on GoogleTalk on my computer AND blackberry, then thats why that's happening. So I started to use only one medium for GoogleTalk. Then, all of a sudden, with only Blackberry being used... it's writing everything TRIPLE!!!! That's right. 3 exact same lines in a row.... and its bugging me out. What is going on?!?!!

Ahhhh, that's most of the basic issues for now!!! I know I'll come up with some more though... thanks a lot in advance!!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Multiple BBPearl Dilemmas-- Please help!!!!

1. Try scrolling over and icon and hitting show all. If you see the icon in grey(it will look just like gmail just your company name) the scroll over it and hit hide so it is unchecked.

2. Go into messsages then hit the meu button. Then go into options and then general options. Then scroll down to where it says Keep Messages and change the limit to whatever you wish.

3. Seidio has made a new cover with holes in the back ffor that reason. You can also try drilling holes in the back of your phone as i did.

4. If you are on a call with someone just hit the menu button and there should be an option for you to add them to the address book, or you could look in the call log and do the same thing from there.

5. If you have not tried a hard reset(take the battery out for 15 sec and put it back in) try it. If that doesn't work post back and I can see if I can help you out

Hope I helped,
    Gp

hey i appreciate your help!!!

i've tried the "show all" thing... nope, theres no folder for my company email, which is annoying.

ill look for the new cover for the back for the phone's volume... i oversleep more because of the lack of good sound

everything else seems to work fine now.... if you can come up with a solution for the email folder, that'd be awesome... but again, thanks for your help!!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Are you sure there isn't a folder for your Company email?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

i dont see it anywhere, haha. I have Gmail.com and messages.... company email goes into messages.
    my friend's blackberry has gmail, his company, and even his blackberry email.... all 3 are different folders.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The gmail icon has to be added to your device. It doesn't come standard with it. I forgot the link to where you can go and add it.