In sharp contrast with the 7105t, where I could type at a brisk pace just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Multi-tap glitches

Advertisement

In sharp contrast with the 7105t, where I could type at a brisk pace just fine, my new 8100 messes up regularly in detecting doubleclicks. 3 times in the previous sentence!

Has anybody else noticed this?

slimoo9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20EE28BA
    Mine has had that same problem. It started about a month ago

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    It is quite annoying.

The keyboard is the same as my 7105t's... I have been typing this way for years. Not a problem on that device... big problem on 8100! It happens ALL the time.

Am I to believe corners are being cut, in the sense that SureType (blechhh!) is favored over MultiTap, and coding support for the latter is of no concern and a low-priority issue?!

poisonflower no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having the same problem, nothing pisses me off more. Takes me 2 to 3 times as long to type anything out because of this issue. *sighs*

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think it may be because MultiTap is the default method for typing passwords.

Tips For Learning SureType:

1) Give SureType a day or two (maybe a week at the most). It only takes 1 tap to get each letter.

2) Download Trooper Typing from mobile.blackberry.net Game section.

3) Don't look at the keyboard when typing.

4) Set the options you want in Options>Language>Input Options.

5) Clear out the Custom Wordlist (Options>Custom Wordlist) of all words you do not want to use.

6) Use the trackball to scroll to the combination of words or letters you want until it builds the word you want. Press the Space bar to have that word added to the Custom Wordlist.

Hope this helps as a start to accepting SureType.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've tried both and can say that suretype is the easiest for me because I only hit each key once and I don't have to be looking at the keyboard. Give it a chance!

dragonssports no está en línea Stack level 1
    Not to sound like a clone, but be patient. Type at a steady pace vs ultrafast. Great tip on clearing out all your "unwanted" custom words. They add up pretty quick and will slow down your single tap typing.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    had an 8700, went to the 8100. could not get used to the suretype gig. went to the curve. maybe its what you start out on that you become comfortable with-dunno.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

2) Download Trooper Typing from mobile.blackberry.net Game section.

I couldn't find this game there..I'm used to suretype and love it, but would like to know where to find it....just to see how I do........
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

dekay no está en línea Stack level 2
    This forced me to use sure type because of this glitch, but I figured a somewhat fix. When you text, and this only works with texting, if you were to type the word 'juice' you would type j then u right after u quickly slide the track ball to the right, this allows faster typing then tap 3 two times for the i. And the double repeat thing- happens like no matter what but if you keep your texting at a even pace it happens a lot less often.this probably doesn't help but the multitap is f'd

amandarust no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447fd7b
    dang i thought i was th only 1! i hate that! and it happends allll the time!!! no way 2 fix this yet???
    My BB info~

T-Mobile
    Red BB Pearl 8100

OS- 4.2.1.107

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by dekay View Post
    This forced me to use sure type because of this glitch, but I figured a somewhat fix. When you text, and this only works with texting, if you were to type the word 'juice' you would type j then u right after u quickly slide the track ball to the right, this allows faster typing then tap 3 two times for the i. And the double repeat thing- happens like no matter what but if you keep your texting at a even pace it happens a lot less often.this probably doesn't help but the multitap is f'd

Sorry to say, but I agree. After i did my last OS upgrade a few months back I also had this same issue....VERY annoying. So i switched to suretype and now LOVE it. Give it a shot for a week and just see how you like. Even if you hate the thought of it right now. It made me a believer.