I'm sorry, and i know this question has been asked many times before, but. . ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

monKeh_ no está en línea Stack level 1

MSN Messnger?

Advertisement

I'm sorry, and i know this question has been asked many times before, but. .

I'm on T-Mobile and i can't find the MSN / AIM / ICQ thing. Does that come preloaded on your phone or do you have to download it and stuff. Do you need a special data plan inorder to use it?

Thanks. =]

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: MSN Messnger?

Hi....

You must have a Data Plan, so you can be able to access the web, email, instant messaging client, etc... if you plan to use much data, an unlimited data plan would fit for you.

As for IM, i recomend you JiveTalk for the moments it is free as open beta.

Check this link

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

you have to download it, and it uses data... unless you use the Tmobile OZ messenger pre-installed program not sure about that one.

The others are www.blackberry.com/aim
    www.blackberry.com/icq
    and I think www.blackberry.com/livemessenger (all from your BB browser)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Arcenannie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F730AE

I'm on TMO and it came already installed on the phone... I didn't have to download it.

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Arcenannie
    I'm on TMO and it came already installed on the phone... I didn't have to download it.
    Correct OZ should have been reinstalled if you are using Tmo. OZ covers msn,icq,yahoo and aol.

I have not used jive however it seems to be pretty popular. I am not sure what the differences between the two are, but I bet some of the bb gods here could tell us what makes one better then the other.

jeffphillips no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2402c21b

same - got installed when i connected to the dataservice... absolutely eats your battery though...

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

This will show up on your phone once the service is enabled. Just like the BIS or any of the other optional features, with BB's the service providers can choose to not to push the feature unless you need it. Just like with my-faves, since I don't use it and don't have that plan I'll never see anything about it on my BB. Yay!

Now the T-mo Oz IM really does bite the big one. It disconnects all the time but still shows you as online, but you really aren't. When I got my BB I dropped my minutes down, then I told my friends and family that email or IM would be the best way to get a hold of me. Then they never could IM me!

I would suggest using JiveTalk. It is much better and will be well worth paying for once it's out of beta. And to verify, ANY IM app will drain your battery faster than not using one. Since they constantly stay connected and updating, they are probably the highest data usage apps aside from actively browsing, streaming, etc.

toxic69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20537f3b

when i goto www.blackberry.com/livemessenger i get the download page but when i click download it wont work , any help?
    PIN ME 20537F3B

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic69
    when i goto www.blackberry.com/livemessenger i get the download page but when i click download it wont work , any help?
    Same problm here.

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

i just tryed it, and it starts to DL, but then it tells me that my SP doesnt support live msgr. If thats your case, theres nothing we could do about it. But heres a app. u can DL as trial for 30 days, www.beejive.com it works gr8.
    If this is not the case, if your SP supports live msgr, go to the link from ur phones browser, scroll down til the end and DL, it should work.

BTW, beejive can be DL OTA.

mak4a2veli0 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by toxic69
    make sure to use the BB browser, I had the same issue but it was because I switched over to IE before downloading Opera.

If in BB browser should work.
    <center><b><big><font color=red>Holla atcha boy...</b></big></font></center>

toxic69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20537f3b

im using that jive one now on the free 30 days trial its a good program but i dont like the idea of paying for msn as its free on pretty much every other phone and computer.
    I will try downloading it using bb browser when my 30 days are up unless i decide to pay for jive its an ace program but im tight lol
    PIN ME 20537F3B