Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Optimus not entirely true...i don't have a data plan and can use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    not entirely true...i don't have a data plan and can use any of the messengers on my blackberry...yahoo, aol, msn, minus the blackberry messenger (although i never tried)...however they are counted as sms messages on my plan...i have t-mobile.
    That's good to know. Even though the OZ messenger uses sms, I though you still needed data for the connection.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    That's good to know. Even though the OZ messenger uses sms, I though you still needed data for the connection.
    never heard of oz messenger, but like i said any of the messengers you use will count as a text message. even if you leave them open and you have the settings to auto refresh, the refreshing counts as a sent message. if you call t-mobile they will confirm this.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Oz messenger is the messenger client that comes preinstalled on the tmobile pearl. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Oz messenger is the messenger client that comes preinstalled on the tmobile pearl. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i don't think mine came with that...just the blackberry one.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    By the sounds of it, thats a TMO exclusive possibly. I've never heard of a SMS based client. Only way to know for sure is call your carrier and find out how they count IM messages, they may have a flat rate add-on you can use that includes IM (Rogers does, so I imagine others will too).
    But if you have an unlimited data plan, you're covered, so just start IMing!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    I was in for a rude surprise after I first used the OZ on my Pearl. One "conversation" alone on Y-msgr jacked my bill up $40... when I called T-Mo to asked WHAT happened to my bill they explained BIS only covered BB msgr and each time I sent and each time I received an IM from oz it would count as an SMS text.... I talked to supervisors and wrote letters and still they stuck me with the bill.... I never used it again.

Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    I was in for a rude surprise after I first used the OZ on my Pearl. One "conversation" alone on Y-msgr jacked my bill up $40... when I called T-Mo to asked WHAT happened to my bill they explained BIS only covered BB msgr and each time I sent and each time I received an IM from oz it would count as an SMS text.... I talked to supervisors and wrote letters and still they stuck me with the bill.... I never used it again.
    that's pretty much for all the messengers you use...i think it even says it in the instruction booklet.

i get 400 messages a month for 5 bucks...i have yet to go over, so it works for me.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you have data plan, use JiveTalk. Pay for "USER" license...
    Yes, it uses quite a lot of battery, and can cause strong radio interference, but it's almost perfect...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

MossBeep no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243D6B96
    I would agree jive talk is the best, very much worth the price

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12