Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey guys, There has been alot of mention lately about getting hotmail to work with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

romeoyankee no está en línea Stack level 1

msn hotmail works with bb for free

Advertisement

Hey guys,

There has been alot of mention lately about getting hotmail to work with bb. I have a method that might work for you even if its just a temp fix.

I am in canada using rogers and an 8100.

About a year or two ago msn came out and stopped allowing people pop access to hotmail because of spammers. I think certain people that had their accounts for a long period of time were able to use outlook express but that was it.

Anyways now they have their windows livemail beta out... If you sign up for this (or activiate it on your old account) you seem to get access to everything again but for free. Maybe its just an incentive for now to get people on the beta but its allowing me to get my hotmail on the BB. Not to mention an increase in storage and attachment size.

Another thing to note is that now that I am on the windows live mail when I do a help search there are no msnplus results. Looks to be gone. Yet when I sign in with another email address that I havent updated to windows live.. I do get the option for rogers plus.

Im not sure what the exact deal is I just know that everybody I have talked to that has signed up for the windows livemail has pop access and BB access again.

Worth a try if you are using hotmail.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: msn hotmail works with bb for free

FWIW I tried the livemail beta a couple times and both times got aggravated with it and went back to the original. There were so many things I couldnt do that I felt were basic necessities, even down to folder properties. Anyway, if it works for you then this is awesome and for everyone else out there. I wish there was a way for the older version to work for free.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I tried livemail beta for a week and I return to the old hotmail and told them that if they oblige me to change I'm gonna cancel all my hotmails account... livemail is so slow and not user friendly for a sec
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Yeah I definately agree that livemail is pretty stupid. They do have a *basic* display that you can select which sort of looks like the old version but a bit choppy. As for using hotmail I basically never go to the web based version anyways as I use either outlook or my cell so for me it works great.

The big problem I have is that the Ad's are on top of the page squishing everything right down. If they would have put the ads on the right hand side for example it would have looked a bit better.

What can you do... anyways this isnt a livemail support forum so as for using hotmail with BB via the livemail beta.. it seems to work for everybody I have talked to. Anybody else have experiences?

ajs1975 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: msn hotmail works with bb for free

I can't use my hotmail with my blackberry in Canada. I have tried to setup my accounts but nothing seems to work. I'm going to try to use livemail and see what happens.

i just try to setup my live hotmail account to use with my BB and it does not work. It tells me that I have to activated on Outlook. I did that but I can't. Romeoyankee, how did you do it? Do you mind walking me through the process.

Thank you

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...here, here, Romeoyankee, can you please shed some light?

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

going to www.hotmail.com on my Opera-mini browser works on the pearl, Can basically do everything. A little tricky to navigate but it works, none-the-less!

Same with EBAY for that matter. Very useful for when i'm not near a P.C. and need to check those auctions

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I simply stopped using all my hotmail accounts as they dont work on the BB. I use my gmail and yahoo. Hotmail needs to catch up or get left behind.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...here, here Melissa. I've tried checking Hotmail by just going to the website from my 8700g, but it's painfully slow, and to be honest, it's painful, period...

how can I get gmail account in Canada. Don't I need an invitation from someone in order to setup an account?

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

PM me your email i'll send you an invite

hey guys.. Im not sure if its in BETA anymore. About 6 months ago they sent out emails for all corrent users to sign up for the livemail beta. I know that if you were a previous hotmail member that signing up for livemail will let you use the pop3. I dont know about signing up for a brand new account though. Maybe there was some cut off dates as to when you signed up for your initial hotmail account.

Bottom line, and its been said before, is that hotmail needs to start getting up to date with their technology or get left in the dust.

Well if anybody else has info on newer accounts post the info. If you have an older account try just switching to livemail. Maybe try adding your account to outlook express then once you have Livemail and set it up on outlook express.. add the account to the blackberry.

Ok.. I just signed into an older account of mine that I use for signing up for junk sites. (you know.. keep the real email address spam free as much as possible)

Right above the links NEW, DELETE, JUNK, FIND etc...

THere is a little banner there that says JOIN WINDOWS LIVE MAIL BETA.

I clicked that and converted my account to beta. After that I tried to add it to the BB again and it worked.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

OK this is interesting because HOTMAIL and T-MOBILE do not mix period. I had Nextel and hotmail worked fine. I think its a matter of t-mobile not paying or Microsoft not paying t-mobile but I can not get it to work period even by going in and setting up the servers and such my self. Please inform us if you are running on t-mobiles BIS or if your using rogers or cingular since I have not found one single person that has T-mobile that can get hotmail to work on the T-mobile BIS network... I have windows Live Beta and have been a beta tester for them from the start so I dont think thats the issue I have windows live desktop and the new beta microsoft office beta NONE of them will connect to T-mobiles BIS period
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast