Hi All, First of all thanks to everyone for such wondefull contributions in the forums. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gladiatorkev no está en línea Stack level 1

MP3 Player for Pearl..?!

Advertisement

Hi All,
    First of all thanks to everyone for such wondefull contributions in the forums.
    I had a simple question.
    Actually i just changed over from a Nokia Phone to Pearl. So like in Nokia.., is there any MP3 player application fro Pearl..?!
    Wher i cud create my own playlist.., Load custom Skins and all........!!
    I have used the default mediua player that cmes with the pearl.., but did nt find it too Fancy........!! Most importantly cant create customr Playlists..., move songs up and down the list...... and so on.........!!
    If any of you champs can make such a App.., efforts are Appreciated..!

Thanks in advance..!

DAT CUBAN DJ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D5DD9

Re: MP3 Player for Pearl..?!

spell check is your friend!

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

The default media player is okay. You can put your mp3s into folders and call them your "playlists" as you can go into that folder and hit the menu button and select PLAY FOLDER to put all the songs in that folder into a playlist in the media player. Now hit the menu button and select SHOW PLAYLIST to scroll through the songs.

Also 4 and 6 buttons are PREVIOIUS and NEXT.

Space button will go from the songs in the playlist to the play/pause stop button so you don't have to scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN to them.

Not sure if you knew this already or not, but maybe it could help.

Also there is at least one other media player I know of. It is called multiPlay by Dollar5. It says it will allow you to make multiple playlists and stuff. I've never used it so don't have any feedback on it, but here is the link:

http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackb...ry-pearl-8100/

Supposedly with it and the newest operating system available will allow you to listen to stereo over bluetooth?

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    Also there is at least one other media player I know of. It is called multiPlay by Dollar5. It says it will allow you to make multiple playlists and stuff.
    The Multiplay player is free. However, to make multiple playlist you would have to buy the professional version.

DaveCromwell no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a question about this.

I am a relatively new Pearl owner/user - I love the MP3 function. However, when I copy over my albums (we can still use that word, right?) - they are somehow being re-sequenced in alphabetic order. That is to say, the tracklisting order that the artist originally intended - is now being skewered for a simple alphabetic sequence.

How can I prevent this?

Thanks for any answers.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

Dave,
    You could always make the track number be the first part of the name.
    Like: 01_trackname.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by ccostel
    Dave,
    That's what I had to do. I've got mine like: 01 - trackname.mp3

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

You can create an m3u playlist in winamp and load it on to your pearl. There are instructions on PinStack just do a quick search.

Quote Originally Posted by ccostel
    Dave,

That's what I had to do. I've got mine like: 01 - trackname.mp3
    Thanks for the "workaround" - but this is an extra step (and a waste of time). I was hoping there was some setting I could just change. Why does it have to screw with the order? Why does it have to re-alphabetasize? What is the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    You can create an m3u playlist in winamp and load it on to your pearl. There are instructions on PinStack just do a quick search.
    Is this directed towards my question? If so, my response is - what?

This is what I want to do - using the loaded Blackberry software - I want to copy an album I already have on my hardrive - over to the Pearl - without it resequencing the songs. Why would it default to that? There must be some default setting that needs to be changed. Its actully "doing something" (the resquence) when I don't want it to do anything. Just copy the songs (the folder) over as is!

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    Nice, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I accidentally had one in a folder with an album one time and noticed it worked. But I guess I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCromwell
    Thanks for the "workaround" - but this is an extra step (and a waste of time). I was hoping there was some setting I could just change. Why does it have to screw with the order? Why does it have to re-alphabetasize? What is the point of that?

Is this directed towards my question? If so, my response is - what?

This is what I want to do - using the loaded Blackberry software - I want to copy an album I already have on my hardrive - over to the Pearl - without it resequencing the songs. Why would it default to that? There must be some default setting that needs to be changed. Its actully "doing something" (the resquence) when I don't want it to do anything. Just copy the songs (the folder) over as is!

Anyone?
    I guess maybe you could create playlists that will put the songs up in the correct order. It might be quicker than renaming all your songs.

I guess winamp can do it. There are also programs you can find that will do it such as Playlist Creator which is a free download:

http://www.soft32.com/download_66536.html

Make sure to save as m3u.

I guess maybe you could create playlists that will put the songs up in the correct order. It might be quicker than renaming all your songs.

I guess winamp can do it. There are also programs you can find that will do it such as Playlist Creator which is a free download:

http://www.soft32.com/download_66536.html
    Thanks. I'll give it a try (though I still don't see why I need yet another layer of software between - and I'm not sure how this will prevent the resequencing. I mean - the original folders I have already have the songs in the correct sequence. How does this prevent the resequencing?)

Make sure to save as m3u.
    Um, why?

What's an m3u? Why is this better than an MP3?