Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all! I'm an all around BlackBerry newb and I just go my Pearl yesterday. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kryptonknight21 no está en línea Stack level 1

.mp3 not loading?

Advertisement

Hello all! I'm an all around BlackBerry newb and I just go my Pearl yesterday. I've loaded some .mp3's to the device both via bluetooth (ringtones from my razr v3xx) and some mp3's from my computer on to a freshly formatted microSD card in to the music folder. These mp3 fils show up no problem on the Pearl but every time I go to play them, or try to apply them as a ringtone I get the error "Unable to display file /Media Card/Blackberry/music/filename.mp3" for the memory card or "Unable to display tile /Device Memory/home/user/ringtones/filename.mp3" for .mp3 ringtones from my v3xx. Am I doing something wrong, do I need to load some sort of .mp3 player on to the device, or should it just play them out of the box and it's a DoA?

Someone help!

K-Knight

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Re: .mp3 not loading?

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonknight21
    Hello all! I'm an all around BlackBerry newb and I just go my Pearl yesterday. I've loaded some .mp3's to the device both via bluetooth (ringtones from my razr v3xx) and some mp3's from my computer on to a freshly formatted microSD card in to the music folder. These mp3 fils show up no problem on the Pearl but every time I go to play them, or try to apply them as a ringtone I get the error "Unable to display file /Media Card/Blackberry/music/filename.mp3" for the memory card or "Unable to display tile /Device Memory/home/user/ringtones/filename.mp3" for .mp3 ringtones from my v3xx. Am I doing something wrong, do I need to load some sort of .mp3 player on to the device, or should it just play them out of the box and it's a DoA?

Someone help!

K-Knight

Hi Mate

MMM
    Have you tried another memory card if you have one? Its possible the card itself could be faulty.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Krypto, welcome to the stacks. try this first
    batt pull
    phone on batt out 30 sec then back in.
    I've never had an issue with the player.
    can you play the preloaded mp3 files?

mobi good point however the ringtones are in the device memory folder
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Nope, can't even play the .mp3 files that came on the phone :-(

K-Knight

PIN/ID
    ask me

did the batt pull help at all?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

:cry: Nope, did not help at all

K-Knight

PIN/ID
    ask me

sounds to me like it could be an error in the OS. if the pearl is this new I would recommend heading back down to the store you got it from.
    We can show you how to reload the OS if you would like, but with it being as new as it is try havin your carrier swap it.
    unless anybody has any other ideas.
    just my thoughts and sorry you had a bad experience

it's alright, i'll try a factory reset on it (if you can do that?) and if that doesn't work then I'll just go ahead and swap it out. Thanks for all your help!

K-Knight

PIN/ID
    ask me

no prob. let us know how it goes and good luck

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

bumb any luck?

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonknight21

Someone help!

K-Knight
    what exactly are these mp3 files? if they are any kind of DRM files you try to upload, they WILL not play. They will look like they uploaded, but when you try to open them, you get that can not display file message. I learned this when I tried to load some files from iTunes of purchased music. If that indeed is what you're trying to load, as in a DRM file, you need to run it thru a ripper first. It has nothing to do with the OS, it's a limitation to help combat piracy.

Thanks for your input mysmyrrh but I definitely was loading actual .mp3 files, I don't use iTunes

I took it to the store I got it from and they swapped it out no problem. Everything works fine now. Looks like it was just something screwy with that handset. Just my luck!

Thanks to everyone who responded!

K-Knight

sonster_jdm no está en línea Stack level 1

yea that happened to me too then i started deleted themes cuz i had alot then it started working i dunno what was up wit that hopefuly urs starts working soon!

elmo39120 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem. Unable to display file. . . . . It wasnt until after I tried loading themes on the phone. Is there any way to restore to factory defaults? Ive tried battery pulling and restarting the phone... Is there anything else I can do?

PIN/ID
    ask me

elmo i would love to assist you but it's much easier when you put which device you have in your profile
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast