Hi All started loading mp3s onto my pearl , my question is how do assign ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jack no está en línea Stack level 2

mp3 as contact ringtone

Advertisement

Hi All

started loading mp3s onto my pearl , my question is how do assign a tune as a contacts custom ringtone(supplementary question is it possible for all contact from that contact ie sms phonecall etc to have the same sound or is it just for phonecalls)there is an option 'set as phone tune' but when you try and give the contact a tune it simply gives you a list of ringtines and the browse doesn't show mp3s.

thanks in advance....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I believe the MP3s need to be in either the Device Memory or Media Card Ringtone folders to be used as Ringtones, not in the music folders.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr

Thanks , next stupid question how do i get them there when I attach via USB and try and drag the mp3 although only 4mb is deemed too big for the device memory..I'm sure it shouldn't be this hard?

..I've attached the usb put the mp3 in the ringtone folder , I can see it in there but then it doesn't show when I want to assign it

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    What specific folder are you putting the ones you want to us as ringtones in? Media Card or Device Memory Ringtone folder? You need to make sure you are navigating to the correct folder when you want to set the ringtone. Use the Up feature when trying to set the ringtone.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles