I have had a couple of bb's; 7103 (nextel suretype), 8703 and I am trying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

moving from full keyboard to sure type

Advertisement

I have had a couple of bb's; 7103 (nextel suretype), 8703 and I am trying the 8830. So far I don't really like the keys and I don't know if I should do the suretype keyboard again. I didn't have any problems with it, just wanted to try the full keyboard, but the pearl keys seem awfully close. I have 2 weeks left on my test drive and if Verizon doesn't get the curve by then I am pretty sure I will go with the pearl.

Has anyone made the switch and not regreted it?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I had the 7100, then the Pearl, I wanted the Curve for the WIFI, and also it was not a Huge Brick like the 8800. I love it, I used double tap when i was on the 7100 and the Pearl, mainly because I had a Razor before that and it is how i learned to type. i have had the curve since Oct. I still catch myself double tapping once in a while LOL. No regrets!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Personally, moving from the Pearl to the Curve was a great idea for me. While I didn't mind the SureType, I really prefer the keyboard of the Curve.

Also, while the Curve is slightly more "brick looking", it has the advantage of a much larger screen. When compared side to side, you really don't realize the difference, but browse the web for a few minutes and you'll soon appreciate the extra screen size.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I had the pearl before switching to the 8830 and had no problem with sure type. I actually learned pretty quickly how to work with it. I do think it depends on how big your hands/fingers are. Just go into the store and play around with it for a while and get a feel for it.

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have played around with it and it seems so small, but I am used to the brick berries. I have never had a pic phone, but I have a feeling I would use it.

The screen size is another good point. I really like the size of the 8830.

Thanks for all the input.

jfinli no está en línea Stack level 1
    I went from the treo to the pearl and in a day I have to tell you, I don't miss my treo AT ALL! I have totally gotten used to the smaller keyboard (but larger keys) and the surtype has been fine.

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    I prefer the suretype. It adapts while you go. Typing common words you type. I can type as fast on suretype and qwerty keyboard. I like that the pearl is slick and small. Can fit in my pocket. It also looks like a phone whereas other bbs you look like your holding a brick to your ear. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    yeah, I guess its just what you like. I had an 8700, then a pearl, and had to go back to the full keyboard, I just couldnt get used to suretype.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I like many was a little concerned about learning the suretype. However after playing with it for a few months got quite accustomed to it. Now going back to the QWERTY keyboard like in the 8830 seems like a lot more work. With the pearls "custom dictionary" it learns your words and stores them for the next time you use them. However the custom dictionary occasionally needs a clean up because it stores your misspelled words too.

I have quite large fingers and the keys on the 8130 are more comfortable for me than the 8830 too.

All in all I really like the suretype and feel that RIM has done a good job making it really compatible for each user

PIN/ID
    I am going to get the Pearl when my test drive is over. I have been wavering between the curve (if Verizon ever gets it) or the pearl. I think I'm to the point of the Pearl and upgrade to the curve in a year or so.

The 8830 keys are tiring to type on, my thumbs have to work too hard and they click when typing and I do a lot of typing.

Thanks for all your input.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB 8100 (wap.pinstack.com)~ I came from a 7730 when I switched to my first 7100t four years ago and hadn't thought about going back to a full keyboard phone after going thru 3 of them and 2 7105t's. Then I got the first of 3 8100's. My thumbs hurt to the point of me seriously considering returning it for a phone I ended up getting 2 months later as a backup. Took me a week to get over the cramps I had. I might get another full keyboard device soon as I can afford it.

Good luck with your decision.

PIN/ID
    Okay. I did it and traded the 8830 for the 8130 Pearl and I absolutely LOVE IT!! I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. The keyboard is better, I may just be a suretype addict after all. And the camera, I didn't think I would use it, but it's the best...I was concerned with the screen size, but it is so clear I am having no problem viewing anything. The biggest thing I am having to get used to is the size. I have never had a small cell phone, but I love it....

Thanks to everyone for their advice and I can't forsee me wanting anything else.