hi again! Another newbie question....i've searched on here and can't find what i'm lookin for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bamaandjrfan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FCFA91

moving files?

Advertisement

hi again! Another newbie question....i've searched on here and can't find what i'm lookin for although i'm sure its on here somewhere! Anyway how do i get my ringtones and pics to my media card to free up memory on my pearl? Seen where i have to do it on the desktop manager but get lost when i get to that point. Thanks for all the help, this website has been extremely helpful, i'm on here almost everyday!!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: moving files?

If you are trying to move preloaded media you can't. If you are trying to move downloaded stuff then it's quite easy. Do you have the Newer version of Desktop Manager with the Roxio media manager?
    if not it's located here.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._released.html

It is 231mb so it a large download, just because of the roxio. It much easier with roxio. I myself just use the drag and drop method while my pearl is in mass storage mode.

I can't help with the older media manager, (never used it) but if you want you can move files within your BB.
    Just go to media, into the ringtones or picture folder and then hit menu and select move. I use this method if I don't have to move a whole bunch of stuff.

Hope this helps, post back let me know how it goes.