I'm a noob to blackberry and I was wondering if you can move apps from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

suckafree no está en línea Stack level 1

moving apps

Advertisement

I'm a noob to blackberry and I was wondering if you can move apps from the home screen into the apps folder cuz I dL 'd games and they are taking up space on the home screen and its a little annoying
    Thanks

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: moving apps

Sure you can do but if you could tell me what type of BB you have I could possibly help you better
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I didnt know that with pearl u can create folders in the menu list and then organize them there... Infact if u're using pearl, I dough u can do that, atleast I havent found a way to do so lol

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have the pearl~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

I'd like to know if you can too.

twieder no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E83629

I believe that you are talking about the five icons on your main screen, and you would like to swap them out with five more practical icons.

The first five icons in your list show up on the main screen, so just click your 'blackberry' key form the main screen, highlight an icon you would like on the main screen, click your 'blackberry' button again and select 'Move Application' and scroll it to the top 5.

-tw

PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

No, what he's asking is this:

Are we able to move certain icons into the folder icons. For example, I have a couple of icons on my home screen that I would like to move to the Apps Icon folder. So far, the only option is to either hide the icon or show the icon, no option to move into an existing folder.

Yea what vanilla said ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

Quote Originally Posted by twieder
    I believe that you are talking about the five icons on your main screen, and you would like to swap them out with five more practical icons.

The first five icons in your list show up on the main screen, so just click your 'blackberry' key form the main screen, highlight an icon you would like on the main screen, click your 'blackberry' button again and select 'Move Application' and scroll it to the top 5.

-tw
    My home screen icons changed spontaneously last week and I tried the method above to reorganize them. It didn't work. Also, my two email account icons will disappear as soon as I de-select Show All. Prior to last week I was able to hide individual icons with ease; all of a sudden my Pearl seems to have a mind of its own. I've been living with this a week or so but would like to figure out how to pick the icons I want to hide or show, not be forced to select Show All just to seem my email icons.

PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

I know for a fact that certain themes move certain icons into certain folders. For example, if I select the Zen theme, both BBWeather and Ramble IM are moved into the Apps folder icon. When I switch to the Cingular theme, both BBWeather and Ramble IM are removed from the Apps folder icon and placed back into the home screen.

Alas, I have learned to live with it.