Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OK, I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been answered but I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Movies for Pearl

Advertisement

OK, I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been answered but I have done several searches over the last few days and haven't found it yet.

Is there a website where I can get movies for my Pearl? I know I can get the BB Video software and convert videos, etc. and I have played around with this successfully. But I would like to just be able to download movies from the web for my blackberry (even if I have to go an extra step and convert that is fine). My delimma is that my job is such that if I am ever caught ripping DVDs I will lose my job, and it's definitely not worth the risk just to be able to watch a movie on my blackberry! So I am more than willing to pay to download movies that I can legally either load directly onto my Pearl or convert and load. I'm looking for current, full-length feature films. Is there such a site??

Thanks for any help!

Phillbis no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Movies for Pearl

I don't know of a site that legally lets you download current movies. iTunes has movies but not current ones. There's always bit torrent trackers but that's not legal.

JayK no está en línea Stack level 2

Google For Them
    Your Life over Radio Waves,...Makes you think..."privacy"...

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct
    OK, I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been answered but I have done several searches over the last few days and haven't found it yet.

Is there a website where I can get movies for my Pearl? I know I can get the BB Video software and convert videos, etc. and I have played around with this successfully. But I would like to just be able to download movies from the web for my blackberry (even if I have to go an extra step and convert that is fine). My delimma is that my job is such that if I am ever caught ripping DVDs I will lose my job, and it's definitely not worth the risk just to be able to watch a movie on my blackberry! So I am more than willing to pay to download movies that I can legally either load directly onto my Pearl or convert and load. I'm looking for current, full-length feature films. Is there such a site??

Thanks for any help!
    If you are willing to pay for them then I would say that any media outlet site like Urge or itunes will work. You can pay for the download and then you will have to convert (but you already know this.)

BRZ

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I've tried converting a TV show from iTunes (figured it was shorter than a movie so a good place to start) and I am unable to convert it into something that actually plays on my blackberry! I use the same process I've used successfully with video clips but when I try to play them I get an error message. Is there some extra step I need to take?

I know I can google and get plenty of movie download sites but the ones I've tried seem to be copy protected and therefore I am unable to convert (legally ). Anyone know of a site where the movies aren't protected against conversion? BTW I'm very new to the whole BB scene so please forgive me if there is something obvious that I'm missing.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-02-2007 at 06:16 PM.

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Question Re: Movies for Pearl

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't iTunes content copy protected? If you OWN the DVD, and you rip it, (again, correct me if I'm wrong) is it not considered a backup? Then convert?

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

I usually get my movies from phonevidz, try it out sometime and I use the BB coverter to view them.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct
    I've tried converting a TV show from iTunes (figured it was shorter than a movie so a good place to start) and I am unable to convert it into something that actually plays on my blackberry! I use the same process I've used successfully with video clips but when I try to play them I get an error message. Is there some extra step I need to take?

I know I can google and get plenty of movie download sites but the ones I've tried seem to be copy protected and therefore I am unable to convert (legally ). Anyone know of a site where the movies aren't protected against conversion? BTW I'm very new to the whole BB scene so please forgive me if there is something obvious that I'm missing.
    Thanks!
    yes, when you download itunes stuff it comes in a proprietary format (copy protected). You will have to do an extra step to use itunes files.

Bmd
    Bmd no está en línea Stack level 1

I am going to assume since your bound to legal issues. My advice is to go out and buy the movie on dvd. Since you own it after that, find a converting program that will rip a movie off a dvd, and convert it into a workable format. I think since you own it you should be allowed to copy it to your computer. If you use it for Piracy, or to sell, then thats a different issue. You should know where to go from there. Sorry that I have not included any details.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Just out of curiosity, what extra step would you take to be able to use iTunes files?

Thanks for the suggestions... I am going to get some software to rip the DVDs I own then, since I agree that because I am only planning to use them for personal use as a back-up copy it shouldn't be a problem! Thanks again!

tkgeekwill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F5F200

For iTunes, you will need a program that can crack they're DRM. I know that FairPlay works for Windows Media files, not sure what you can use for Apple though.
    Smartphone Reviews-

Technophobia

pkuntz no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm totally knew to this bb movie thing, and i find all of the above unhelpful (mainly because i'm a techno-know-nothing. i can't get itunes to play on my 8300. i tried to transfer a dvd to it (directly from the dvd drive to my bb via the roxio media manager thingie), but gave up after an hour of it appearing to do nothing. perhaps that's because i have a 2gig card and the movie was 6gig, but does that mean all movies are too big for a 2gig card? like the original poster, i am willing to pay and want to do this completely legally and above board. so how does one buy a movie or a tv show and put it on one's blackberry for later viewing? can somebody provide a step-by-step for dummies?

Master Chief no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbis
    I don't know of a site that legally lets you download current movies. iTunes has movies but not current ones. There's always bit torrent trackers but that's not legal.
    Why are bit torrents illegal? I did some research on the web on this and as far as I can tell, only one person has ever been convicted for using bit torrent to download movies, and that was in China. He was arrested only because he was selling/distributing the movies for profit. If someone can shed some more light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Legal issues aside, bit torrent is the easiest way to obtain movies (or any other media for that matter) that are easily converted to BB format.

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

for those that dont know, the media manager in the desktop manager will convert videos to a usable format.

Master Chief no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious170
    for those that dont know, the media manager in the desktop manager will convert videos to a usable format.
    I don't think so unless that's something new. Videos have to be converted. DM won't do it for you. I tried.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast