What are all the movie files that the BB Pearl 8130 can support.... Or even ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Movie Support

Advertisement

What are all the movie files that the BB Pearl 8130 can support.... Or even better if one could point me in the right direction to find that information.
    i know it does 3g's but what about short movies like .avi's or .mpg or .mpeg's .wmv's and things like that...
    Whats The Matter???
    Can't You See I'm WORKING Here!!!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    It will support .avi and .3gp
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think it supports .avi I tried to download one movie from the internet and it didn't work I tried it 2 times ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here's a link to RIM's site that tells what file types are supperted. It list audio files first, then video:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2066975346

I've had the most success with mp4 and 3gp videos. My .avi ones play but the sound doesn't work, and with .wmv it's hit or miss. It all has to do with the type of audio the video is paired with, frames per second, all sorts of encoding stufff that just is not my specialty. But I hope the list helps you out.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Here's a link to RIM's site that tells what file types are supperted. It list audio files first, then video:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2066975346

I've had the most success with mp4 and 3gp videos. My .avi ones play but the sound doesn't work, and with .wmv it's hit or miss. It all has to do with the type of audio the video is paired with, frames per second, all sorts of encoding stufff that just is not my specialty. But I hope the list helps you out.
    That's weird, its the opposite with me. Avi works just great, did the same on my 8100 too. I haven't been able to find an MP4 that works on it. I always get a message that says "unsupported media type." MP4 is a cleaner format and I wish I could get it to work, but I run the MP4s through video converter and it spits it back out as avi, which works great!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    It seems to me that it varis per phone, MP4 and 3gp works for me and all other don't.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If I load avi files that I saved to my PC from my video camera onto my media card they work, but if I convert a youtube video to avi, I get no sound. I think there are too many variables in the conversion....RIM just needs to expand it's compatabilities with the popular formats.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4