Hi all, I used my precious Pearl for a long time before i got my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nonesuch no está en línea Stack level 1

Move files in bulk?

Advertisement

Hi all, I used my precious Pearl for a long time before i got my micro-SD card (1 gig, $3 after rebate, w00t!) and have a lot of photos on my internal memory that I never did figure out how to offload onto my computer. I'd like to move them from internal memory onto my memcard so I can access them with Mass Storage mode. The only file manager I know of is by going into the Media app, highlighting internal memory or storage card and hitting Explore. I can move files that way, but only one at a time! I have something like a hundred pics...not fun!

Note: I'm using Linux, so I can't run any funky Windows software to connect to my Pearl...

AEluron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0AB9B

Re: Move files in bulk?

DM won't work on Linux, will it? Do you know anyone with a Windows machine that might let you load your BB software to make the transfer? It's a piece of cake using DM.

nonesuch no está en línea Stack level 1

I haven't really done anything with the desktop manager yet, I was hoping for something more like a file manager app or something. When I google for blackberry file manager, I get a bunch of BES document management stuff and no actual file managers. Any thoughts?

AEluron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0AB9B

With DM all you have to do is plug in the Pearl, open DM, click into the device memory, highlight all of the images you want to transfer and then click the left arrow. This will send everything to your computer. Do it in reverse to send it back to your media card. A couple of clicks and a couple of minutes and you're done.

Once you have them moved you can go back into the device memory and delete them from there.