I want to move attached files, .ppts, .docs, .pdfs etc. from my phone to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Move attachment from Blackberry to Computer

Advertisement

I want to move attached files, .ppts, .docs, .pdfs etc. from my phone to my computer--it seems like this shouldn't be that hard, but I can't find any posts suggesting a solution or software package. Shouldn't there be an option to save the file to the SD card and then get it off using mass storage mode? Anybody know of anything?
    Thanks!

BBFixer no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASK

Re: Move attachment from Blackberry to Computer

Unless its your BB.net address, just open that email address from a PC. If it is a BB.net address, forward the message to another address and open from a PC.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Re: Move attachment from Blackberry to Computer

Thanks for the reply, BBFixer. Unfortunately, I run into the need to do this in instances where I do not have access to an online PC. Here's a typical situation: In an area with no internet access, I receive a .pdf file that I need to edit and send back to someone. I can receive the file on the phone and view it, but I cannot use adobe illustrator to edit it. Though I have a laptop and the phone, and the laptop can read files off the phone's memory card, there is no way to get emails directly from phone to laptop.
    If I have time, and conditions are right, I can pull this off via tethered modem, but it would be ideal to be able to head to a rooftop or somewhere with just the phone, download the file, save to memory card, transfer to pc for edit, transfer back to phone, get back somewhere with good coverage and send. It may sound convoluted, but with my job I often run into situations where this would be really really helpful and there seems like there should be no reason for it not to work.