I bought a BlackBerry after I saw RIM offered PocketMac. I wish I would have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Noah0504 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADF0A2

Mount an 8130 Without a Windows Machine

Advertisement

I bought a BlackBerry after I saw RIM offered PocketMac. I wish I would have realized how much it actually lacked. I can't even sync specific contact categories.

I can live with what I have, however. I'm absolutely loving my BlackBerry Pearl, and I have no regrets getting one. I've run into another small problem though. I am not able to mount my 8130 on my Mac running Leopard or my Linux machine. I select mass storage mode on the Linux machine, but nothing happens after that. Sometimes it even shows that it isn't charging anymore. Under Mac OS X, the BB seems to freeze and nothing mounts in Finder.

I've thought about using Parallels and Windows just to be able to manage some of the pictures and add music to my BB. Right now my only option is using Bluetooth which is too slow to add all of the music I want.

Does anyone know if I can successfully use Windows under Parallels just to mount my BB for the above mentioned purposes?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Never tried that approach, so I don't know if it would work.

Do you have mass storage enabled for your micro SD card? If so, you should be able to mount the card like any other drive from Linux.

PIN/ID
    31ADF0A2
    I have it enabled. I thought maybe something was just acting up. I tried a battery pull, but that did nothing to help. It does absolutely nothing when connected to my Linux machine.

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can't mount my BB in Leopard either... Both at work and at home. If I need to transfer anything I usually plug the BB into my windows box and transfer it that way...sucks but it's the only way it works. Weird thing is, when connected to my Mac's, the BB must be working in mass storage mode because I can't browse my SD card while it's plugged into the mac. That tells me it's a problem with the mac mounting the mem card.

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Guys when I get to work tomorrow ill find a fix for you there,
    More or less it sounds like your default connection type is to the device , and mainly like an driver issue. Does it work under isync ? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It works fine for me under Linux. Of course I have BB OS 4.5.0.46 running. But I recall it even worked fine before on 4.2 - but not as well. I am using Ubuntu Linux 8.04 by the way.

PIN/ID
    31ADF0A2
    Well, after I made this post I kept doing my research and found out that there is a problem that prevents the Pearl from mounting under Mac OS X. I also tried under Linux and that didn't work. Since then, I traded in my Pearl for a Curve (my carrier released the Curve one week after I purchased my Pearl). I now have no problem mounting my 8330 under Leopard. I'm still not sure if there is a fix for the mounting issue, but I hope something will solve the problem for those who own Pearls.