I upgraded from a V3 Razr to the BB Pearl and must say I'm impressed. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ninjaxprsnz no está en línea Stack level 1

Motorola HS850 compatible with the pearl?

Advertisement

I upgraded from a V3 Razr to the BB Pearl and must say I'm impressed. I have been trying to get my Pearl to recognize the HS850 headset and haven't been successfull with it. I paid alot of money at the time and the headset is practically new. It is Bluetooth 1.2 so I was hoping this would be compatible instead of me having to go out and spend more money on another headset. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know why it's not working, but I have a friend with the 850 and a Pearl, and it works for him. I'm sure someone will let you know shortly, but my guess would be to somehow reset the 850, as it may be locked into your old Razr.

NONCHALANT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0E0E
    Check the settings of the phone, keep in mind too that the ear piece can only be connected to one device at a time so if its still connected to ur old device than yo pearl won't even know its around,

The Mto HS850 connection to process is as follow; close the ear piece (the bome stick) press and hold the ear piece's function button, once the light is fully blue or lit, open the bome stick, at this time you should have the pearl in pairin mode to search for the 850 ear piece, it should find it and ask for a code. Always use four zeros as any pairin code,

Try this and see what happens , I have the exact phone and ear piece

Sir Anthony
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    HS850 is compatible. I used that with my Pearl prior to getting the H700.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

I feel ike such a newb for asking, but how would I unlock the HS850 from my V3 so that I can use it with my Pearl? You guys are great with your help btw, thank you very much!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Not familiar with that phone, but if you goto the bluetooth profile on your V3, you should see an option to do something to the effect of "delete pairing"
    Do you see this?
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

I'm going to check that out when I get home from work tonight. That totally makes sense though. When your headset is paired with a device, it's basically locked so no other devices can recognize it. I think that is what's going on here. I'll let you guys know how that works tonight. Thanks again