I posted a thread last week regarding an SMS problem that i was having. It ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

parmaham no está en línea Stack level 1

more SMS problems

Advertisement

I posted a thread last week regarding an SMS problem that i was having. It seemed that when messages were received it was shown in full international format that did not directly correlate to the numbers in my address book and therefore remained "nameless". In order to rectify this, i changed a couple of numbers in the address book to international status and it then recognised them and duly displayed the appropriate contact name in the messages list.

Well, now it's decided that for some of the contacts it will only display international format and some just the normal country specific..... It also seems to change it's mind when it's going to do this (seemingly).

This is becoming frustrating and tedious and seems to be spoilling, in my opinion, my experience of the best phone/pda i've ever owned. I wonder if anyone else has had / is having this problem????

BTW, this phone is being used in the UK.

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Re: more SMS problems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not sure if the problem is happening because of myfaves in your case, but I know the tmo myfaves customers in the states are having the same problem and tmo notified me today it is being worked on, not sure if the fix will fix both problems as they are similar but don't seem to be identicle.

Hang in there, this phone is too awesome to give up!

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

ok here is a long shot.....have you tried going into the "phone" options and go to "smart dialing" i know there is an option for "country code", "area code", and "length of digits"
    maybe i only have the "country code" as +1, "area code" is blank and "length of digits" is 10, and of course im in the US so the normal telephone number length with area code is 10 digits....try it out, see if that helps.....

fletch74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Cheers malcriado , that tip about smart dialing solves that problem... I'm in the UK and the only diff. is the country code... cheers again

craigwarren no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by fletch74
    Cheers malcriado , that tip about smart dialing solves that problem... I'm in the UK and the only diff. is the country code... cheers again
    Have just had discussions with Vodafone in UK about this issue (and agree with prev comments that the Pearl is the best piece of tech I have ever owned...fantastic!) and they pointed me to Call Log, Options, Smart Dialling then (because I am UK based), changed to the +44 code and the names now appear no problem.

Also have to say that Vodafone have, quite frankly shocked me, in that thier tech support service is outstanding (I know, a phone company that actually delivers...its amazing). This has been my second problem. The first was caused by my Outlook not leaving copies of email on the server so when BB went to look there was nothing there!! And they didnt even laugh at me! Very proffesional and knowleable bunch.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

craigwarren, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the verification.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

SkyDrmline no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4014A229
    i have the same issue on my nextel 7100i....checked the above phone options and everything is in order for the USA...any one got any ideas?

-D-

Abbabello no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2560568D

I had the same issue Malcriado! thanks for the tip. All sorted out.