Does anyone know if this will work for our phones? If so does anyone use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bendiesel757 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mologogo for Tmobile Pearl

Advertisement

Does anyone know if this will work for our phones? If so does anyone use it?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Mologogo for Tmobile Pearl

Hello bendiesel, welcome to pinstack. I havent used that application but Im sure someone here will be able to help you out.

rolandws no está en línea Stack level 1

Today I installed the latest BB version of Mologogo on my Pearl. It installed just fine (no errors), seems to load properly, but then never gets beyond the 'locating satellites' screen... cute animation gives the appearance that it is trying to find coverage, but to no avail. I assume it is due to TMobile restricting use of the embedded GPS chip that resides in the unit.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I was under the impression the the pearl did not have gps. not that it was disabled, just not there. tmo let's us use these things to the fullest, including tethering as a modem.
    am I wrong? on the gps?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    I was under the impression the the pearl did not have gps. not that it was disabled, just not there. tmo let's us use these things to the fullest, including tethering as a modem.
    am I wrong? on the gps?
    you're right there is no GPS. not sure what the other guy was thinking. Kinda pointless to include GPS and not ever letting one know that they have it or could use it.

plrbr533 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F5F434

The Blackberry does not have GPS built-in but with the use of a GPS puck from Holux (GPSlim 240 Bluetooth GPS Receiver) you can have GPS functinoality. I have been tinkering with it at work, it does pick up and has shown on the mologogo website a new spotted location. However, at work I get huge interference due to my location on the hospital campus. I will be playing with it tonight at home and see how well it reacts.