Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

someone please help.. i have an 8800 from AT&T and when i had the free ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

djanoano no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: module error...

Advertisement

someone please help.. i have an 8800 from AT&T and when i had the free trail for jivetalk, it worked fine. but when i purchased it, i cant even stay logged in for one whole day without being logged off. when i get logged off the message says "UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION: APPLICATION JIVETALK $2dBlackBerry$dpearl(136) is not responding; process terminated".

someone please help me out. im getting frustrated over here.

heavychevy no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by djanoano
    someone please help.. i have an 8800 from AT&T and when i had the free trail for jivetalk, it worked fine. but when i purchased it, i cant even stay logged in for one whole day without being logged off. when i get logged off the message says "UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION: APPLICATION JIVETALK $2dBlackBerry$dpearl(136) is not responding; process terminated".

someone please help me out. im getting frustrated over here.
    you might try the 8800 forum, and/or possibly email jivetalk support. I dont have any experience with either the 8800 or jivetalk

MaGiiC no está en línea Stack level 1

i had the same error... where i can install the OS again..

heavychevy no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by MaGiiC View Post
    i had the same error... where i can install the OS again..
    Taken from this link, #7, http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

You can find Blackberry OS here: Blackberry 8100 OS Software Links (by Carrier) [as of 26JUN]
    If you want it wouldn’t hurt to update your Desktop Manager to Service Pack 2 either.
    Find it here if you didn’t get it earlier. Blackberry Desktop Software V4.2 Service Pack 2
    Keep in mind that there is two different versions of Service Pack 2. One with the Roxio Media Manger and one without the Roxio Media Manger.

If you need directions on updating/installing an OS that is located here:
    How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

maxzoso no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: module error...

It sounds like all of you have gotten the phones with the faulty OS. (Operating System, the main software for the phone) The first time you sync your phone to your computer the Desktop Manager runs its updates and wipes off these programs. Its a common issue, unfortunately. The good news is, its very, very easy to fix.

Go to your Desktop Manager software, perform a backup of your Pearl. Disconnect the Pearl from your computer and shut down Desktop Manager.

1. Go the BlackBerry Software Download site and click on Blackberry Software downloads (I'm level 1, so can't post a URL)
    2. When asked to choose your product, choose "Blackberry Pearl (8100c)" Click "Next"
    3. Download the software listed. It will download to your PC desktop.
    4. Run the download from your desktop, it will install automatically to the proper folders.
    5. Connect your Pearl to your PC and run Desktop Manager. The DM will prompt you that an update is available and ask you if you want to run it. Click Yes.

The update will take 15-20 minutes to complete. During this time, the phone will give you a blank white screen with a spinning hourglass. It WILL take a while, have patience, it will eventually restart. Once it restarts, connects itself to the network again, and allows you to use it, take off the battery cover and do a "battery pull reset". Take the battery out, leave it out for 2-3 minutes, then reinsert the battery. Once the phone restarts again, everything should be back in order.

After completing this upgrade, I highy recommend going back to the download page and download the "Blackberry Desktop Software v. 4.2 SP2" You can do this step before you upgrade your phone OS, but its not necessary in order to fix your phone. The main reason for this upgrade is it gives you a better media manager program for your Desktop Manager and your phone.

If you have any problems with any of this, post them back here, we'll get you back on track.

Original solution found on the Cingular forum posted by LaTuFu

thefog no está en línea Stack level 1

hm thx, i will test this solution. hopefully it will work

T3UF no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3026ED6E

i just got my pearl (red) from a friend and installed jivetalk and im getting this error, ive also uninstalled jive and reinstalled with no luck, also there was no browser on it so i put opera on it

Error starting JiveTalk $2dBlackBerry $2dpearl: Module 'net_rim_ecmanscript" not found

T3UF no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3026ED6E

Got It Fixed, Just Updated My Os And Everything Works Now.

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

Smile Re: module error...

I had this problem also, happened suddenly, also I was having the issue with SMS and MMS messages being deleted right after I recieve them. But thanks to this awesome forum, I fixed the problem(s) in no time (and also found out that my OS was old and crusty!). Thanks to everyone on this site, for giving me another reason to suck up more of my life...on the internet!

BTW - If you have more than one person backing up their BB on the same computer... make sure you identify which files you are restoring to the BB before you click ok! (I didnt and ended up with wrong address book)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12