Why does the pearl only get 115.2kbps when my Nokia E62 got 400kbps and both ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ffbnewbie no está en línea Stack level 1

Modem Connection Speeds

Advertisement

Why does the pearl only get 115.2kbps when my Nokia E62 got 400kbps and both are on the EDGE network?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Re: Modem Connection Speeds

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well what service were you using for the nokia? I know tmo restricts there speed a lot...and they limit the size of the files you can download

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i dont know about that made, i've used my bb to stream data ALL DAY LONG and had no restrictions that i noticed. i know VERISON limits data to a certian monthly amout.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

115,2 kbps here
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

I'm connected via USB and I was with cingular with the Nokia E62 and now AT&T with the Pearl. Could it be the drivers that are being used?

I just read this:

Depending on the mobile phone used the maximum theoretically achievable speed is 236,8kbps.

My E62 sure did seem more than twice as fast!

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well my sis has at&t with the blackjack and she downloads faster and can download larger file sizes than my pearl...I'd say about 1.5 times faster...the max file size I can get is less than 4MB with tmo

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well my sis has at&t with the blackjack and she downloads faster and can download larger file sizes than my pearl...I'd say about 1.5 times faster...the max file size I can get is less than 4MB with tmo...now in terms of using it as a modem I am just saying theoretically I think they restrict the speed...
    Last edited by madetosink; 09-24-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged.

chuckymafia2001 Guest

Well of course the Blackjack downloads faster. One is 3G (Blackjack) and Pearl is only Edge. That makes a big difference you guys, so it depends on the phone. Anything 3G will go faster than regular Edge. I used to get a max of I think 240 kbps, that was on a HTC 3125, now I have not tried the pearl. But then again I wasn't getting all that speed, it was just what the phone said. Well I hope that helps