I've been using Mobipocket for a month or so on my Pearl. I finished all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Mobipocket transfer problems: "Transfert interrupted!"

Advertisement

I've been using Mobipocket for a month or so on my Pearl. I finished all the books I had installed and tried to install some new ones. I just get an error message on the Pearl: "Error occurred during the transfert! Transfert interrupted!"

And yes, it does misspell transfer .

Then, when I click OK on the Pearl, the following message appears on my desktop: "Could not send book. Please check that you have enough memory on the selected location of your device"

I have more than 17 MB free on my Pearl. I attempted to transfer several books (one at a time) at 22K, 600K and 1.3 MB. I rebooted my PC. I rebooted my Pearl (took the battery out). I reinstalled the Mobipocket reader on my Pearl. Nothing is working.

Anybody have any idea why I can't "transfert" these books? Don't make me get out my Palm so I can read!

More details: I was using the latest version 5 to begin with. I upgraded to the version 6 beta, but I'm having the same result.

It appears that nobody cares about this thread, which is understandable, it's putting me to sleep as I type. But I just thought I'd give you all (who all?) an update. It appears that I had too many books in my PC library. I deleted them all from the library and re-imported just a few. I don't know why this should make a difference, because I was attempting to transfer them to my Pearl one at a time. Anyway, the good news is that I don't have to bus' out my Sony and go all Palm OS on yo azz.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Glad you resolved your problem jason8888, sorry your post was more than likely overlooked and not ignored! Take care and keep posting here on Pinstack!

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057

Re: Mobipocket transfer problems: "Transfert interrupted!"

I am having the same problem with my 7100i and Mobipocket support sucks.
    Did you find a way around this problem?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks and if I find something I'll post it.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I have used Mobilpocket on both my Pearl and 8800 without a problem. Hope you find out what's wrong.

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

buddy i am also experiencing the same problem...wen i try to send a book that is 1 mb or greater than 1 mb in size...the transfer is slow and sometimes cancelled....cos the pearl starts processing and the glass hour appears with it own dumb and phucking processor
    and the transferr progress seems to halt..the mobipocket is phucking ****...either mobi...or pearl

PIN/ID
    21ABC057

I can't even load a 260KB book becuase "there is not enough memory" when I have over 12 MB free!!!
    And I don't know what is yur expierience but Mobipocket support sucks big time...
    If anybody has a way to load the ebooks on a 7100i other than using the Mobipocket Desktop reader please let me know.
    Thanks for your resonses.

PIN/ID
    21ABC057

I tried uninstalling all the ebooksfrom my library and transfer the small ebook but I get the same message at 28%, not enough memory...
    Please help!!!

PIN/ID
    21ABC057

I just heard from Mobipocket. The memory issue is a bug and it is being addrssed as of right now (at least that is what they told me...)
    Hopefully they will solve the issue soon.

shotwell no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Mobipocket transfer problems: "Transfert interrupted!"

Same exact problem here. For me, it has now been 4 days without any resolution or even word that Mobipocket is listening. I have done a bit of troubleshooting and found that -- for me at least -- the "out of memory" "file tranfert" error comes at between 68K and 75K, every time, without fail.

And yet, Mobipocket will still sell you an ebook, even though you can't transfer it.

It clearly doesn't have anything to do with the number of titles in your library... I had zero when I started and got the error with the very first download.

Clearly, Mobipocket.com is having a lot of problems right now. And I can tell you that they are going to have NO problems at all before long, because all of their paying customers will LEAVE, unless they do something fast.

dakin no está en línea Stack level 1

You must use english file name, e.g. "ciebfkabwdl.prc" or "183241t341.prc"