Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I realize we have all heard it before but i thought i would repeat what ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

safetytx no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile MMS Update for Alltel

Advertisement

I realize we have all heard it before but i thought i would repeat what the Alltel Rep at my local store told me today wwhile i was shopping for a new phone....and I quote, " The update for the Blackberry 8130 will be out Sept. 15th".

Now I told her I have heard this song and dance before, but she assured me that in the past she had never heard a date, only that an update was coming, but they have been told this date so she believed it was legit. I told her i would believe it when i see it.

Thanks for listening, LOL!

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well soon we with VZW will be welcoming you alltel people right? They should finalize that soon.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

auggnation no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok from our sales rep's mouth and an email I was not able to take a pic of. It says late Sept. And it also says that we will be pushing that in our sales pitches.
    Also from this same rep's emails, it says vzw will not be taking over alltel if it goes through till Feb first of 09

Alltel is famous for missing it's dates btw.

Ok from our sales rep's mouth and an email I was not able to take a pic of. It says late Sept. And it also says that we will be pushing that in our sales pitches.
    Also from this same rep's emails, it says vzw will not be taking over alltel if it goes through till Feb first of 09

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I like everyone else have heard this since the day my wife got her pearl and I my curve. I hope its legit but won't hold my breath.

bigtankusa1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    is this going to be the 4.5 os or just mms update?

Smooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Yeah I too have heard dates that never panned out.

psionfenix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c637d4
    Don't hold your breath. I wish I could be optimistic about this, but having had been with sprint for 2 years, and having a smart phone for a year of that (6800), We always heard "it's coming". It never comes. To my knowledge (and i need to get back on xda and ppcgeeks to figure out my wifi issue on my mogul), sprint STILL doesnt offer MMS on that phone. People over on those forums even made workarounds for it to work, but sprint shut it down. So they made another work around, and sprint REALLY shut it down.

So, knowing how cell phone companies are, I wouldnt expect MMS on the pearl, well, ever. BUT, with the verizon merger, there is a good possibility that MMS will be enabled since verizon already has it working. (since both companies are CDMA, why does one company have it, but the other doesnt, and blames it on RIM?)

On the other hand, I'm not going to wait until the 15th of september to find out, I'm going with a curve as I'm still in my 30 days. (and no, I'm not just going to curve for mms, theres several other things i like about the curve better).

5 one no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    We will see

2006GTO no está en línea Stack level 1
    its a shame too i just bought mine 2 days ago and i noticed i couldnt get pictures or send pictures unless i e-mailed them which really blows..... and i send and receive lots of pictures... its a shame because i actually like this blackberry "i think most are ugly" but it looks like i may be taking it back and switching to verizon cause i been with alltel for 4 years now and i just aint happy with the phones i have had or the service for that matter i had the LG vx8600 had no service in my home also had the the strobe which was just all around a joke..now i get this blackberry which has perfect service everywhere i go but doesnt allow me to send picture messages which i thought was a standard feature anymore..! im gonna wait till september 16th and if this problem aint fixed this pones going back and im switching carriers!

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681
    All I have to say is: like everybody else says I heared that story before.

SadieR1220 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I have to say that we've been with Alltel for 2 years, and i like the service enough to stick with them, but I'm really hoping that they'll get the MMS thing figured out, too! My husband also has a curve and now I really want one too! Size is very similar, but the features are so much better.... We'll have to see I guess~

psionfenix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c637d4
    I know this may be a stupid question, but has anyone actually called and asked rim? I only mention that because the lady i spoke to at alltel had no idea about MMS (i dont think she even understood what it was) and gave me the RIM number to call. I didn't call, because I'm swapping out my pearl for a curve (need mms for work, as well as the other BB features).

One might call and ask rim about the service book or if they are actually working on an MMS fix for alltel. If they aren't, at least we know it isn't a RIM issue, and it's an alltel one.

But really, with the way cell phone companies are (see my previous post above), and especially with the merger, I really don't think it'll be here any time soon.

I wish I could be optimistic, but after being circle jerked by sprint for a year on the ppc6800, it's just so hard to think positive when dealing with cell phones.

Another option is creating a work around, I believe there is an internet site that will send MMS to any cell phone, if one made a nice little UI to use that site, it might be a bit easier then having to email.

5 one no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    today is september 15, so where is the update for the 8130?

I will never believe another alltel rep. again.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 one View Post
    today is september 15, so where is the update for the 8130?

I will never believe another alltel rep. again.
    Ok so alltel didn't got their date surprised? They never do, the reason there is no MMS is cause Alltel doesn't have enough room on the servers according to alltel it should have nothing to do with RIM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast