I have the data plan/unlimited text message with my blackberry pearl from alltel, although I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

emilyanna no está en línea Stack level 1

MMS text message help.

Advertisement

I have the data plan/unlimited text message with my blackberry pearl from alltel, although I can't figure out how to receive or send any multimedia text messages. Please help.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Unlimited text is different then sending or receiving MMS. Alltel requires a separate fee for MMS.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    emilyanna,
    Do you know what operating system you are running. Unlimited data on Alltel includes the MMS. So it may be you are still running 4.3. Go to options about and check the 3rd line down to check your Operating system version.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I am on Alltel and MMS is a separate charge on my phone and I have unlimited data & text but MMS is charged separately.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    I am on Alltel and MMS is a separate charge on my phone and I have unlimited data & text but MMS is charged separately.
    Don't see why it would be different in different regions but I am also on Alltel and it is included in the data package...that's strange.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 01-11-2009 at 12:28 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have alltel and the unlimited mms is included in my plan, no separate charge. Maybe depends on your plan and market. Smart choice plans include unlimited MMS/Text/Data
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It depends on where you are I'm in ND and all my messages are in one bundle .... Now back to your question the only way to get MMS is to install the 4.5 OS that's when Alltel enabled MMS on the pearl after that it should send all the info from the servers to your phone ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well text messaging can be a separate plan but if you have the "All Axcess Pass" plan, that includes MMS. I should have said that the first time and was just making sure the OP didn't just have text messaging only.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

emilyanna no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I'll have to call alltel myself and have them update my version? There isn't something I just have to activate on my phone?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can take it to Alltel to update or you can go here and do it yourself online. All I would suggest is that you remove your media card before you start the process. Also another option would be to go here and downloading the update to your PC and using desktop manager to install it. If you have never done this before the first option is the best.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 01-12-2009 at 11:06 PM.