A friend of mine was trying to send a pic (maybe a video..not sure) message ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hlthnut no está en línea Stack level 1

MMS.....service denied??

Advertisement

A friend of mine was trying to send a pic (maybe a video..not sure) message and when I opened it it said 'service denied'. she sent it 3 times and i got the same message. Anyone know what this is from? TIA!!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: MMS.....service denied??

If it was a video that could be the reason why you got this msg, not sure. Do you have a data plan and have you been able to receive MMS msgs before? Try sending yourself a test mms with a pic.
    If this doesn't work, resend your service books. Log on to your BIS online and Resend Service Books, then you can also re-register your HRT (Host Routing Table) Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Hit Menu>Register Now.

If you could please take the time to go to your profile and update your device and carrier info for us it would make it a lot easier to help you in any future posts, thanks!

Welcome to the Stacks!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Smile Re: MMS.....service denied??

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    If it was a video that could be the reason why you got this msg, not sure. Do you have a data plan and have you been able to receive MMS msgs before? Try sending yourself a test mms with a pic.
    If this doesn't work, resend your service books. Log on to your BIS online and Resend Service Books, then you can also re-register your HRT (Host Routing Table) Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Hit Menu>Register Now.

If you could please take the time to go to your profile and update your device and carrier info for us it would make it a lot easier to help you in any future posts, thanks!

Welcome to the Stacks!

THANKS!! now, i can send a pic to myself just fine. what is BIS online, service books, ect???? lol I really should just read the manual so it's cool if you don't want to go into detail. Im still getting used to the phone...there's so much to it! THANKS

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

No worries and you're quite welcome. That kind of stuff won't be in your manual
    That's why you have PinStack!
    Go here to create a login for BIS:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...4-post347.html
    This way you can manage your email accounts and Service Books online for your ATT account.
    The HRT you will do next.
    After doing this, do a battery pull. Make sure you have the Provisioning service book on there
    too, look in service books and check. You can also call ATT and have them remove and re-add the service, this often helps when having MMS issues.
    You didn't mention if you have a data plan? The data plan includes mms. Since you are able to send one to yourself I'm going to assume you do.

Let us know if you need any further help
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

oh yes i do have the service plan. ill have to try your advice! thanks i did already call tech support yesterday bc i wasnt able to receive or send any messages and they ended up swapping my sim and it works fine now....except for the pic problem. ill check out your suggestions. Thanks again!

canthinkofnamex no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 and iPhone

I have an iPhone and recently got a 8310.. im plannig on swtiching back and forth..but i have issues with MMS. I know i need the plan for the email, im ok with that even though that sucks! but is there any way of getting MMS with the iPhone plan i have from AT&T??