Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay I've been having this problem for a week and I'm getting disgusted, and wasn't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question MMS Problems - Giving me a poor attitude.

Advertisement

Okay I've been having this problem for a week and I'm getting disgusted, and wasn't going to bring it here until I saw someone else mentioning MMS issues, but different from my own.

I am a T-Mobile customer, I have Friend A and Friend B which are both Cingular customers.

All three of us have Text and Picture messaging services added to our accounts, so the capability is there.

When I first bought my Pearl, I was sending a good 5-10 MMS picture messages to Friend A in a day, and he was sending them back to me, and they would appear for us both PERFECTLY! Then services seemed to start to vanish. I would be able to SMS him, but he would not receive ANY of my MMS/Pic msgs to him. And he wouldn't even get any sort of notification I was sending them. But then for a day or so, he was still sending me MMS/Pics just fine, and I would get them and the image would load perfectly on my Pearl. Well now we're to the point that if I send a MMS, he still has no clue I sent it, and if he sends me one, I get a SMS from T-Mobile's Messaging Center System saying "someone sent you a picture message, login to your album on my.tmobile.com to retrieve it" ...

Now I did some research. T-Mobile only sends you these notifications when their system doesn't know you are provisioned for MMS capabilities with your device. To tell the system that you have a Camera phone/viewing capability you are supposed to send a picture message before you receive any, and it "flags" you as being compatible with the enhanced ways of receiving the pictures and viewing them right on your phone.

I contact T-Mobile, they say they have no problems with their systems, a gentleman in the blackberry tech support queue sent me a MMS, and I sent one back to him and they worked just fine.

But now Friend B who also I learned has cingular has sent me a MMS once or twice now, and his pictures get sent to that stupid (personal opinion) Album service on my.tmobile.com. So I think it's a Cingular issue.

My friend called cingular, I guess they said they want him to subscribe to a different service that is of course more expensive for him to be able to do what we've been doing all along. And I just had a Cingular rep tell me to my face that SMS and MMS are now bundled together, so if you have an unlimited package for texting, you automatically have it for MMS as well just like the majority of other service providers.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on this? I did change my phone from T-Mobile's OS to the O2 OS because of the trackball mute ringer fix, but I don't see how that has anything to do with it, and I don't believe the cingular rep my friend spoke to because I have a pretty extensive IT background, and I don't see how cingular could control how I recieve the message when I believe it's route is: Friend A's phone to Cingular's message center, to T-Mobiles message center, to My phone. I feel there is a communication or conversion/resizing issue or something between the two companies messaging centers.

This rightfully upsets me greatly that I pay $20 a month for a service that I seem to not be able to use with many people now LOL.

Thanks for reading all of this.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: MMS Problems - Giving me a poor attitude.

Its not just cingular. Ive been having this issue with Verizon people too. Ive already got a couple tickets going with BB support at T-Mo. Funny thing is they keep telling me to get the people on Verizon to call their customer service to get the issue resolved on their end.

Frustrated,
    Alex

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by PacificDude8
    This rightfully upsets me greatly that I pay $20 a month for a service that I seem to not be able to use with many people now.
    what are you paying $20 for? the blackberry unlimited data is $20, but doesn't include sms or mms. the unlimited sms/mms costs an extra $15....?

Just got off the phone with BB support and they finally acknowledge that there is an ongoing problem. They said they are working on it vigilantly and should be rectified within 24 hours. If not to call back again then. Thats all I got for ya.

Alex

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

Thats so weird. I hate it when you pay for a service and it does not work.

I recently got this notification also saying that someone sent me an pic but i have to go to that myalbum website. It annoys me so much because when i did try to send a pic to that website, my entire blackberry froze and I got this white error screen of death.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

i thought i heard that cingualr doesn't support MMS on blackberry
    i had a similar problem with my 8700 and thats what they told me

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sounds rather after the fact, but did you start to experience problems before or after changing your BlackBerry OS?

And, did you resend service books?

Perhaps there is a conflict with the O2 OS and the T Mobile MMS service books?

And this "ringer problem" that people have been reporting....this is not a problem! I have a Rogers Pearl, and the damn thing won't STOP ringing! With a TrackWheel BlackBerry, I could simply slide the Wheel a bit, and the ringer would go silent, but not the Pearl! It just keeps on ringing! Completely frustrating and annoying.

The real "FIX" would be to make a ringer that can be muted! (I don't want to Answer or Ignore! I want a third Option: Mute.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    The real "FIX" would be to make a ringer that can be muted! (I don't want to Answer or Ignore! I want a third Option: Mute.)
    Be careful. I got made fun of for asking for that in another thread.

ALex

alindley no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF1E23

Same issue here. My friends on Verizon can not send me picture messages. They always go to that My Album site. Which I guess wouldn't be too bad if the site worked with the BB Browser. I also still have the original T-Mobile OS installed on my 8100.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Here's my question: Do your "friends" have a data/email/SMS enabled Verizon (the Q) or Cingular phone like the Pearl? Because if they don't they can only send simple text messages, not use MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
    Here's my question: Do your "friends" have a data/email/SMS enabled Verizon (the Q) or Cingular phone like the Pearl? Because if they don't they can only send simple text messages, not use MMS.
    That is not true. Most phones out there are MMS enabled. However, the problem seems to only be happening to customers who use the Pearl. Any other phone on the T-Mo network will work fine.

Alex

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    what are you paying $20 for? the blackberry unlimited data is $20, but doesn't include sms or mms. the unlimited sms/mms costs an extra $15....?
    it's $20 if you're on a My Fave 5 Family plan, so for $5. more a month ALL lines have it.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Just got off the phone with BB support and they finally acknowledge that there is an ongoing problem. They said they are working on it vigilantly and should be rectified within 24 hours. If not to call back again then. Thats all I got for ya.

Alex
    Thanks Alex... You think I should give them a call too, and tell them I am a user having the same problem as your ticket already filed and reference that ticket no. they gave you?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

Sounds rather after the fact, but did you start to experience problems before or after changing your BlackBerry OS?

And, did you resend service books?

Perhaps there is a conflict with the O2 OS and the T Mobile MMS service books?

And this "ringer problem" that people have been reporting....this is not a problem! I have a Rogers Pearl, and the damn thing won't STOP ringing! With a TrackWheel BlackBerry, I could simply slide the Wheel a bit, and the ringer would go silent, but not the Pearl! It just keeps on ringing! Completely frustrating and annoying.

I'm unsure if it was after the OS change. I don't believe it is a conflict, but I guess it could be possible, and yes I sent the service books to my Pearl.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
    I second Alex, what you suggest in regard to cingular can not be true. Don't forget that my friend and I had the service working perfectly for a week, and then the service slowly started to degrade. starting with him not receiving what I would send, and then it got to the point that he would send me picture messages (however they get sent on a cingular phone) and tmobile would stop them and put them in the t mobile album.

Thank you everyone for helping me try and figure this out though - It is extremely frustrating to pay for service that doesn't work significantly as advertised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast